GK Service Manual?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom Neves, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Any of you guys and gals know where I can get a service manual for my GK 800RB.
    It appears I may have some bad output transistors,
    (according to a friend) but he needs to look at the technical info to be sure.
    Possibly somewhere on the net?
    Gk has yet to return my calls. HELP!! :( :(
  2. www.gallien.com

Check the website- owners manuals and such can be downloaded from there. I don't know about service tech stuff. If it's not posted I'm sure they can get you what you need.
  3. Thanks Fret-5,
    I have the owners manual. My tech friend needs the Service manual for specifics.
    It looks like I may have to call GK Monday and request it.
    I was hoping someone on the group would have one for me to upload.
  4. Here's a helpful bit of news!

I've had a couple of dead GK amps to work on and I emailed their service center and they very happily emailed me the schematics for the 800rb and a 200rcb free of charge! They were very cool, and very helpful when I ordered the replacement parts from them.

Fender will send you copies of schematics for just about any amp they ever made - $5.00 for most. Includes the old Sunn amps too. Go to Mr. Gearhead on their web site.

email me if you want me to send you the 800rb schematics.
  5. Tom,
    Thanks for that information.
    I have been so busy this holiday that I forgot to let you guys know that the amp was fixed. It seems it was a 25 cent resistor that caused the problem.
    Anyway have a happy and safe New Year to you all.:oops: