1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK Speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundoholic, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Hello,

I'm trying to find some replacement speakers to replace my blown GK 2x12 neo speakers.

I called GK and they wanted $180 per speaker. I love the sound of this cab but that price seems ridiculously overpriced. The model is Paragon 12B300-16. Some specs are: 300w(I think RMS but I'm not sure) and 16 ohms.

I would appreciate any help I could get in finding these speakers cheaper or a similar model.

Thank you,
    Chris

2. I found out that they use eminence speakers, but it doesn't look like eminence sells this model.

3. It's manufactured by eminence for us but it's definitely not an off the shelf speaker. We spent literally years working on getting our Neo speakers to sound the way we wanted them. PM me I'll see if I can assist in some way.

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Stick with the GK speaker. It's designed to work in that cabinet.

Find out why you blew the speakers. Too loud obviously, but was it just a one time accident or are you consistently pushing the speakers more than you should? Consider turning down or getting an extension cabinet if that's the case.

5. I let an opening band - An ACDC Tribute Band - use my rig. After they were done my cab didn't work. I thought it was an amp/cable issue but after switching out a head and later doing ohm meter checks on the speakers, I learned they were blown.

Thank you for your help Daniel and 62bass. I think I'll look into getting the same speakers and maybe get my amp head checked out, just in case.

Chris