Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK vs. Eden head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by big evil robot, Feb 27, 2005.

1. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    I currently have an Eden WT-600, I like it, but I hate stereo plug outputs.
    I was wondering how a GK would stack up against it, a 1001rb is what would fit my power needs.

Anyone have any good opinions on these heads? They seem pretty popular.

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I think you will find the Eden warmer and a bit more musical, but what that is is very relative to what you are doing and trying to do with YOUR music...We have all heard people getting effective tone out of gear we would not even consider using!! I would bring YOUR cab, amp and bass into the music store and spend as long as you need contrasting and compairing them, and any other amps they have on hand..also check with some sound companies, maybe they have one you can "demo" for a weekend for a nominal fee, if you like it they might just sell you that one and deduct the rental off the top of the price!!
    Good Luck!!

3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    The GK has a flatter sound overall. The Eden is warmer and thicker in the low end and more colored overall. Its also got a little more slam in the pants than the GK. (I had a WT800 though, not a 600) The Eden was overall a great amp, but I prefer the GK, its a bit more open sounding. Its been compared to the Thunderfunk, but I haven't made that comparison my self.

4. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    I think I would like something with a little less colour, or maybe just a different kind of colouring. I should look at the mesa big block as well probably.