Gk vs Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oldirtymoney, Mar 27, 2003.

1. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    my sm 900 is in the shop being fixed, for the time remaning i am geting loaned at gk 1001. The gk is weigh better sounding and gets way louder and is less wattage. I also ordered at eden wt 800. I know i dont want to keep the sm 900, its either the eden or the gk, if i get the gk i want the 2001 model instead. Which will i like better the eden or gk? I am using a warwick custom 5 string.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i have a 1001, it super super clean. I use eden speakers with it. the 2001 basically doubles the power, and adds a drive channel. The GK's are quick, and I have never heard of any serious problems with them. I haven't tried an eden in gig situations, so i can't tell ya a whole lot.
  3. As the sun sets

As the sun sets Guest

Dec 10, 2002
    N. Easton, MA
    you will like what you will like. nobody can TELL you what YOU like. i would prefer the Eden over the GK, but that's just me. i'm a fan of eden stuff (the cabs, and the VT-300, that is), so i don't know how the WT-800 sounds, but who knows... it could sound awesome!
  4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    there is a thread above this which fundly enough has EXACTLY the same title :D

I agree, no one can tell you what you like, you like what you like....you what like what you like what like you what...argh i gotta slow down...

If you like what you hear, its the best thing for you (at a reasonable price of corse)
  5. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I can tell you that if you like the 1001RB,the 2001RB is like the the 1001RB on steroids
  6. Why is it you want to go with the 2001 over the 1001? The 1001 is a very nice amp with plenty of power. The 2001 has a lot more power in bridged mode and also has the distortion channel built in. The down side being bigger and heavier. But, if you need 1080 watts, then go for it. Based on your reaction to the 1001, I'd say you be happy with either one.
  7. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I read somewhere that GK is bumping up the power of the 1001RB to 700 watts this spring. If you can hold out a little longer I would get one of those.
  8. It's also getting an updated look similar to the 2001.
  9. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I agree with Dan.The 1001RB is a hard amp to beat when you consider price,weight and power.The 2001RB is also a great amp but you really have to want/need all of the power and features plus be willing to carry a 40lb. amp.I like them both,it just depends on what your playing situation calls for.
  10. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    well my band is playing large shows venues that hold 3000 plus people
  11. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    What cabinet or cabinets will you be using?
  12. i find it hard to believe you'd be playing these shows without PA support... just get something loud enough for practice and stage volume.