1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK vs Hartke for 212 Cab build?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JACink, Oct 9, 2013.

1. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I am thinking of building a 212 cab for when I want a little more than my current MB112, without breaking out the PA.

I am happy with the GK MB112, so my logical option would be to build a 212 using the same drivers, and just taking the current dimensions of my combo and multiplying by 2.

However, whilst looking at these, I also came across the Hatke 3-15TP6 at the same price, which is the replacement for the Hartke Kickback 15", and I was just curious as to your opinions.

I do not know the spec on the Hartke speaker (maybe somone can give some input on this), but the GK is 200w @ 4 Ohms, so I would build an 8 Ohm cab, with room to expand if I so wish (my current amp is 300w per channel at 4 Ohms, 2 Ohm stable, and bridgeable at 4 Ohms).

So, any opinions (positive or negative) would be appreciated!

2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I was just amplifying :)ninja:) my thought process, and maybe I should build 2x GK112's with a serial or paralell option on the back, this way I could run 1,2 or 3 112's at any time, all 200w at 4 Ohms.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    The aluminum 15 in the Hartke Kickbacks is really a 6ohm driver, so....

4. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
  5. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    This costs 344 euros where I live, x2 = 688 euros.

The driver costs 77 euros, x2 = 154 euros.

(the amp and wood I already have).