GK1001rb-II + RBH115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pugz, Sep 8, 2005.

1. As some of you may have read before, i was running a 1001rb-II through a SBX115-II and we thought that the woofer may have blew because the 1001rb-II runs more power than the SBX can normally handle.

However, I have been considering options and I came across the RBH. According to the GK site it says it works perfectly with a 700rb-II, 1001rb-II or a 2001rb. This was not stated with the SBX cab. On the GK site it only mentions that the SBX works perfect with a 700rb-II being the reason why the 1001rb-II was too powerful for it.

However. My friend who knows quite a lot about this stuff says that I've probably gone and run too much power from the amplifier into a cabinet that is too weak.

But the 1001rb-II runs at 460watts for a single cab yet the RBH115 is only 400watts. Doesn't that mean that the same thing could happen? The head is pushing 460watts through a 400watts speaker. Doesn't that suggest that the same thing will happen with what happened with the SBX 115? That was 400watts being run a 460watts too so doesn't that say that the 1001rb-II is too powerful for the RBH115 on its own?

If so that would contradict what the GK site states. Does it simply mean that it will work perfectly with 2 cabs perhaps?

Thanks for your help so far on the other thread.
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    It should work fine. Technically yes, you could blow a 400 watt cab with a 460 watt amp, but amps do not put out consistent amounts of power, so you would rarely be putting out all 460 watts all the time. Plus there is this nifty thing called a volume knob. Use it carefully, when you hear the speaker making a nasty farty noise, turn it down.

Problem solved.

For best results you would probably want to pair that 115 with a 210 though. Doing that would let you freely push the 1001RB-II to its 700w rated limit and give you plenty of cone area as well as added punch from the 210 cab.

3. wha??? :eyebrow:
  4. tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Pugz -
    We already went over this in great painful detail on your last posting. Any particular reason that you are asking basically the same question all over again, and not just continuing the last thread that was on this topic? Very annoying to try to follow, and causes a lot of folks to repost the same information . . . . .

- Tim