1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK1001RB + NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by megadan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. This is the combo I'm looking at getting within the next month (all ready have the GK and a have a line on the 610). I'd be replacing my Ampeg 610 with the Bergantino.

Is anyone out there using this setup? I know the NV610 loves tube amps (and I've had plenty, probably with more to come in the future), but how will it respond to the GK growl and punch that I love so?

The GAS voices in my head say that GK + Bergantino + Rickenbacker == best tone ever. Can I trust them? ;)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Put it this way MD...it's likely that it won't suck ;)

3. I am thinking not!

4. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I read this frequently enough that I think it's becoming a TB myth. It's the other way around: tube amps love Berg NV cabs. NVs have no preference for amp circuit topology and play nicely with all types.

That said I played a few shows with my GK 1001RB-II and NV610 when I didn't feel like hauling my SVT and it sounded great. Talk about serious punch! More eq flexibility than any of the tube amps I have used. Plenty of power as well.

5. I tried a buddy's 1001rb with my NV610 and I was really impressed with it. Different vibe than the SVT of course, but quite pleasing nonetheless. I felt it worked very well in a full band setting. Very punchy and growly. I'll probably pick one up some day.

6. This won't entirely answer your question, but I have been very impressed with the pairing of my 800rb with the NV610. The 800rb eq seems well paired with the berg. A little more headroom couldn't have hurt (which the 1001rb should offer), but I never complained.

7. Thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty excited for this, hopefully all the deals work out... I'm in that delicate balance where I only have one cab and I'm gigging regularly, but I need the cash from selling it to get the NV... hopefully it will all work out!

8. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender Supporting Member

I'm rocking that rig. Punchy, loud and sits great in the band mix. Lightweight too.:bag:

9. Raggy

Raggy

Aug 13, 2008
    Wiltshire, England
    Thats what i am using. Punchy and growly as Hell. Sits well in the mix, I run a Hartke LH500 with it also, and that shines too. Would love to try a the GK2001 or Mesa M9 with it tho. That will be brutal.