Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK1001rbh Combo Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ankles, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Ankles

Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    BostonMA
    I bought a GK1001RBH 2X10 combo (or have tried). The one out of the box smoked as soon as I played my first note. Back to the store and got another one. This one the power amp works but,speakers dont work.

I had bought a 1000GK head a few years ago but, it kept blowing. Intermittent fail. I got rid of it.

Recently after busting my back witht the old SVT I decided to give the GK1001 2x10 combo a whirl. Iam not comfortable putting my faith in this unit.

Has anyone else experienced theses issues? Has any one dealt with GK to maybe make me a little more comfortable with this pricey little unit?

Thanks All

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    G-K's have a lot of notable problems.
    I've heard something with the i/o's?

I've never heard of your speaker problem, but from what I gather the poweramp problem isn't unusual for G-K's. From what I gather, if you play the amp for 1-2 hours at the store, and it works well, it should be fine.

Usually most problems that people have had with G-K's have seemed to be within the first few hours of playing. :)