GK400RB for $200 Cdn ($150 US). Go for it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Nov 1, 2003.

1. I've been checking out the Buy&Sell. I saw a GK400RB head for $200 obo. I'm not sure what the condition is nor whether it's still available.

Should I try and snag it? I have my Yorkville combo/extension that I'm happy with. They pump out almost the same amount of power. I've never played through a GK rig before.
  2. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I have the GK400 head and I love it. But they have been around for a long time so it is important to know how old it is. Also I would say that $200 is a good price but it is not amazing. While I think it would be hard to do better then that, I also think that you will be able to find another one at that same price sometime in the future. Hope that helps.
  3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Go for it. $150 dollars American is a good price for that amp, so long as it's in decent shape.
  4. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    My Gk400 is plenty loud and makes my very sub-par bass sound excellent. With some fiddling, you can find many different sounds from it too. (the distortion you get when you turn the volume knob up is very fun - i think that flea uses this disto when playing 'Around the World' and his solos before the song, as he uses GK) I payed US$430.00 for a new one and I am happy with it.

Snag it if you can afford it comfortably and without selling anything else. (and only if the amp is in decent condition) $150 sounds good, but I don't know much about online buying/selling, I'd be careful. Best of luck.
  5. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I found a used 400R (don't know how old, but it looks like the 70s) at my local usic go round for $200. It's a little beat up, but vintage.