Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lsu921, Jan 16, 2004.

1. lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Anyone using the newest version of this amp? 480W version? I've played on the older 400rb and it was LOUD! Much louder than the Eden WT300 I've been using. I'm thinking of buying the 700rb and an Avatar 410. I've heard a few negative things about GK customer service, but I think you'll hear bad reports on most large companies customer service eventually. What's your personal experience with the reliability of GK products. Would playing through an Avatar cab make a huge difference opposed to buying one of the GK 410 cabs? I know I wouldn't be able to bi-amp with the Avatars. How big a deal is that? The RBH is a little pricey, and I'm not sure the 410SBX comes in 4OHM. Thanks for any input.
  2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Folks can say what they will, but I've played over 40 shows in the last year with the 1001rb I bought used and never had one bit of trouble with it. Previous owner had no issues with it either.
  3. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    The quality of GK has been suspect as of late since they moved production overseas to China. (Don't be fooled by the "Made in the USA" they are only final assembled there to "earn" that title). Their customer service and speed leave a little to be desired as of late too. Overall they don't seem to be bad, but if you do have one of those problematic ones you are pretty much on your own.
  4. After many many rehearsals and gigs, i've never had a problem with my 700rb(old version) through a marshall 4*10(4Ohms). It's very loud.
    I can be heard trough the guitar walls.
    The new version should be really good, you don't have to push the limits of your amp.
    1001rbII Would be even better...:cool:
  5. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Don't take this as a direct attack, but have you ever owned a GK head?
  6. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    And Isu:

Running the GK in full range mode (as opposed to biamping) isn't a huge deal. If I were going to biamp, I'd want more for my highs than a tweeter anyway.