GK800RB Settings??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheCade, Nov 26, 2000.

1. TheCade

Nov 26, 2000
    i have an 800RB, Ampeg 810, and a Stingray... however i cant ever seem to get the right tone for just straight up rock. i have been messing around with it for months, and i would just like some sample settings if possible. any help would be appreciated! thanks..

2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I love both, the GK and the Stingray. I would start running everything flat....straight up on the amp and center detent on the bass. For my personal tastes, I would cut back on the hi's and bump the mids and bass on the amp and do just about the same on the bass. I always try to work very close to a flat EQ setting on amps and basses. Then just adjust to your taste.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I'm with armybass...

Leave the scoop button alone too... I like the variable contour on the newer designs but it cuts too many mids on the 800RB.

You might want to wind up the boost a little for some growl
  4. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Run the treble down to taste and leave everything else flat. Don't use any of the preset buttons and, if you still aren't approaching a good rock tone, it's probably more a matter of technique than anything.

Also, running the volume as high as possible (without clipping/distorting the signal) will give you a warmer tone. I run my passive Mexican J-bass with the volume at around 4 O'Clock, for reference.