Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GKs backline cabs? any good, because they are on clearance at MF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tekhna, Apr 5, 2005.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
  2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    They're a ripoff when you consider the quality and power handling you get from Dr. Bass and Avatar. I wouldnt touch them, even if I was desperate, to be honest.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Tekhna, I hope you are not thinking of those cabs with your Trace. You would kill them quick and they would kill the Trace's tone! IMO ofcourse! :p

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

Well, I am running an avatar 2x12, but I was just curious about the backlines! I want to pick up a Dr Bass 2x10, just to give them a try.

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    They're actually good cabinets. And anyone that says otherwise, I doubt has tried them. If I remember correctly they are the same speakers used in the old RBS cabinets, and if they haven't changed, SBX cabinets.

~Patrick

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Uh, I have tried one and I didn't like it. I tried the 410 through a Backline 250 head and (to see if it was the Backline head) an Ampeg SVT III Pro. With both heads IMO the cab sounds lifeless. There was just something missing :confused: and it didn't inspire me musically.

As always, its just my opinion. :D Best thing is go check out some locally if you can with your head and your bass.

Maybe it would have liked it better had I taken my Trace and my BC. Who knows?