GKs backline cabs? any good, because they are on clearance at MF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tekhna, Apr 5, 2005.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
  2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    They're a ripoff when you consider the quality and power handling you get from Dr. Bass and Avatar. I wouldnt touch them, even if I was desperate, to be honest.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Tekhna, I hope you are not thinking of those cabs with your Trace. You would kill them quick and they would kill the Trace's tone! IMO ofcourse! :p

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

Well, I am running an avatar 2x12, but I was just curious about the backlines! I want to pick up a Dr Bass 2x10, just to give them a try.

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    They're actually good cabinets. And anyone that says otherwise, I doubt has tried them. If I remember correctly they are the same speakers used in the old RBS cabinets, and if they haven't changed, SBX cabinets.

~Patrick

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Uh, I have tried one and I didn't like it. I tried the 410 through a Backline 250 head and (to see if it was the Backline head) an Ampeg SVT III Pro. With both heads IMO the cab sounds lifeless. There was just something missing :confused: and it didn't inspire me musically.

As always, its just my opinion. :D Best thing is go check out some locally if you can with your head and your bass.

Maybe it would have liked it better had I taken my Trace and my BC. Who knows?