1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK's turn at modeling

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by seamonkey, Mar 20, 2009.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  2. Seems interesting. I just downloaded the trial version and will check it out tomorrow.
    Thanks for the link.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I'm not going to have a chance to try it for a while. I look forward to your impressions.

4. I found some time today to fiddle with it, and my first thoughts are that it might be worth it. The trial version limits you to 20 presets of each one of the 800RB, MB150, and 2001RB heads. Most of them are useless (some are just noise, or just the tweeter's sound, or all the bass rolled off, or other unusable configurations), but they are just there for the demonstration of the different sounds that you can get out of it. There were some presets that represented faithfully the GK sound, and especially the "grit" that you get when you crank the boost feature. So in the 99 dollar PRO version where you can control every parameter of the amp, as well as which cab(s) (2 maximum simultaneously used cabs) you use (and the location of the microphone for each cab), you can get many different GK tones, from a nice fat 800RB sound, to a very aggressive distorted 2001RB sound.
    I am not knowledgeable about plug-ins, so I don't know what else there is to say that you would like to hear.
    I just wanted to check out how this would sound, and IMHO it sounds like it should, meaning that it sounds like a GK rig.
    I hope that helped a bit...

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I need to seriously look into this. This could answer some of my current recording problems, especially since I love to mike my rig...