1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gladiator Notation?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Orco87, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I've had the insane idea to play "The Battle" from the Gladiator soundtrack. Dunno why, I just love the song and wanna implement it in a band format.

Does anyone know of where the Gladiator Score can be found in notation? (I know for a fact it won't be in tab).

Mods - If this is in the wrong place then please move it.

Since I just started being able to read bass clef notation (yay:hyper:) are their any good classical music books or similar that would be good to play?

2. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    so I guess nothing... maybe I should've posted in off-topic... more traffic there :meh:

3. Cloggy

Cloggy

Apr 5, 2006
    You could try and find a midi file and open it in a sequencer.

J.S.Bach cello suites are good practice and great stuff too...

4. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    i'll most def look into that, thanks!

5. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    +1 on the bach...

most cellists learn g major (..the one everyone has heard) cuz its the easiest, but there are 6 full suites, each with several movements that are increasingly difficult.
    if you are still getting used to reading then the first suite should be good, challenging but not out of reach. just dont switch it to tabs, if you can read through them there is not much you cant do! and get a good recording, always helps.
    they others start to get really tough.
    ive been workin on Dmaj, really beautiful stuff.

best of luck,
    .s