Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GlassJAw

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soadx, Jun 10, 2002.

1. soadx

soadx

May 27, 2002
    Hey, have you guys heard of GlassJAw? Their forthcoming album comes out July 9th and it's called "worship and tribute". Check out awesome video and mp3s from: http://gjaimtoday.warnerreprise.com/

Definately check them out. they'll be at Warped Tour also.

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    GENX,

Hi, welcome to talkbass. I think you meant to post this upstairs in the BG (Big Guitar) forum, so I'll send it there. In the future, you should be aware of two things when posting:

1) If you post about electric bass in the Double Bass (DB) forum, you'll be descended upon with much sarcasm from a bunch of grumpy old guys who have a chip on their shoulder because their instrument of choice sucks to transport, and;

2) If you post anything with mixed CAPS and lowercase letters (like GlassJaW, etc.) in the title, people will inexplicably start making FiElDy jokes. Go figure.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    LOL

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´ll raise that with a LMAO!

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'll round it up with a ROFL :D

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ROFLMAO

hehe i win!

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    DURRL has always been a grumpy gus IIRC.

yay! I said IIRC! :)

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Okay, I'll bite...What's "IIRC"? And another thing: who's grumpy? Certainly not I.

9. Just to clear things up I am not Grumpy, I am Bitter.

Thank you

10. IIRC = If I recall correctly (IIRC) :rolleyes:

11. Glass Jaw is nice indeed.. specially the song ' Syberian kiss ' very nice ! :D

b.t.w. what's wrong with FiElDy ?? he has an ATK305 too, so he must be a cool guy :D

12. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

You can roll your eyes all you want, but abbreviations are BG vernacular - we don't use these things much down in the Castle. I am making some headway with the BG "obligatory smiley" rule though....see? :)

(Edited to correct grammatical stupidity)

13. I'll bite too

You are some making head way with the BG bad grammar vernacular as well chris:D

Feet up while in the high-chair, FUNKTHUMB

14. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    DOH!!! C what hanging out with U guys duz 2 my grammer??? It's all ur falt!! :mad: ;)

(Note use of patented Brad Johnson winking smiley, which allows you to say whatever you want and have it all be okay :) )

15. Hi soadx, What was the thread about?.. Oh yes.. I do have heard of them.. I don't own any of their albums because they are not easy to get down here, but have downloaded some mp3 (legal, ofcourse, from glassjaw.com or live songs and demos) I also downloaded the video for Ape Dos Mil from their website.. I like them a lot, especially their singers voice and attitude..

16. Actually, I wasn't rolling the eyes at you. I was rolling them at myself. For using an abbreviation I wasn't sure of. It was all sort of ironic. The abbreviation being 'if I recall correctly' and I added as a sort of...oh hell, forget it.

Anyway, no harm intended.

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    And none done. Mostly, I just wanted a crack at your username, since we don't post in the same thread very often. :D