Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glassjaw

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by soadx, Aug 15, 2002.

1. soadx

soadx

May 27, 2002
    Hey guys, just letting you know that Glassjaw's new album, Worship and Tribute is in stores now.....to preview the album and watch a video for their song, Cosmopolitan Bloodloss go here:
    http://gjaimtoday.warnerreprise.com

They are currently on tour with Ozzfest and will hit the road with "Boy sets fire" and "Snapcase" in a few weeks. If you like heavy, emotional music...check out glassjaw.

later.

2. Glassjaw is actually one of my most favorite bands.. but unfortunately.. their albums are unavailable in Holland.. so i'm forced to use illegal mp3's..

3. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I heard the song "Cosmopolitan Bloodloss" I really like it. I like how it sounds like the singer is playing the guitar/bass/drum on a radio and singing to that

4. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I'm kind of disappointed with the new Glassjaw disc... I like Ape Dos Mil, and Tip Your Bartender, but I think their songwriting has suffered somewhat. The songs really aren't as cohesive as the songs on EYEWTKAS.

To me it sounds like they kind of rushed to throw something together for their new release.

I'm going to go listen to it again, see if it hits me a little differently.

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I really like the new cd. I've been looking for everything you ever wanted to know about silence for awhile now, that song Siberian Kiss is perfect. Glassjaw is going on tour with boy sets fire and snapcase? I wanna go!

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

AllodoX, there is a band in Holland that I think is much better than GlassJaw, but of course that is just my taste. The band is Agresion. They headlined the third stage of the Ozzfest when the tour was in the Netherlands in May. Their latest album is "Cultura 3" if I am not mistaken and I could be. You can buy Agresion's Cds in Holland.

http://www.agresion.nl

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    LOVE THE CD.... i love it alot more than the first album

DM

8. Unavailable in holland? I bought their last album (not the new one) in the store here..

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    how do you like it?

10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    so...I bought the first cd.personally I think its wayyy better than Worship and Tribute. Alot more screaming and better lyrics.