1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Glasstone Custom Bass Villex Pickups Badass Bridge 4 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gam29, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    I have for sale a Sammy Glasstone custom 4 string bass. For those of you who don't know, Sammy Glasstone is a reverend in the Maryland area who builds basses on the side.

When I spoke to him about this bass, he said it has a Honduran Mahogany top and that the neck was made by Signature (the New England company that went broke; these guys made some nice necks). He also told me this bass originally sold for $1100. This bass features Villex Pickups and a Badass bridge. The bass is in overall very good condition. As you can see in the pictures, there are no major dents or scratches anywhere on the bass. This bass has a push/pull active/passive system so you can dial in pretty much whatever sound you want. Please feel free to ask questions.

I'm looking to get $SOLD shipped in the US. Reasonable offers are also welcome. I need this bass gone asap as I am moving.

Attached Files:

2. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    close up pic of the pickups

Attached Files:

3. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    bump $SOLD

4. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    I've received a question regarding the bridge on the bass. It appears that the E string comes out at an angle from the bridge in the pictures. This is true, however, it is only cosmetic and has no effect on the playability or the intonation on this bass. I have asked my luthier about it and he said that just because the string comes out at an angle from the bridge tail to the bridge saddle doesn't mean that anything is wrong.

In addition, the strings are slightly off center (~2-3mm) on the fretboard. Again, this is only cosmetic. If it bothers you, I'm sure you or your luthier could very easily reposition the bridge for you.

I just want to give a full disclosure so that it's very clear what you are getting. The parts on this bass alone are worth more than my asking price.

5. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    bump SOLD

6. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    bump $340

7. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    bump $SOLD

8. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    bump

9. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    bump $SOLD...the parts are worth more than my asking price here...

10. desertsolace

desertsolace

Feb 10, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB
    pm'd

11. bommer

bommer

May 13, 2009
    Canada, Eh!
    sound clips?

12. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    I'm sorry, but I have no way to upload sound clips

13. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    Photos of the headstock

Attached Files:

14. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    SOLD...seriously considering selling for parts at this price (though i'd rather not)

15. gam29

gam29

Jan 18, 2009
    SOLD...absolute last price drop before i sell this bass for parts.

16. desertsolace

desertsolace

Feb 10, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB
    Thanks gam29!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.