1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glenn Cronkhite Custom Cases has been sold... Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DrayMiles, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    TB'ers...

I usually try and buy quality gear once and that's it... If it's good stuff, I feel it should last a lifetime. That was the case with Reunion Blues. I have a Electric bass bag and strap that I've owned and relentlessly used since around 1990-91. Still going strong (replaced the zipper on the bag 15+ years ago). I recently wrote to Glenn, who started Reunion blues about buying a few things. Since RB doesn't seem to like using leather as much (All straps are wool now it seems, and the bags are cordura methinks). This is the reply I received yesterday:

Hi,
    Thanks for your email! We purchased Glenn’s company last spring, and have been making progress on the guitar/bass bags. We currently have a pattern in production for a Fender Jazz or Precision bass: Bass Guitar Bags – Glenn Cronkhite Custom Cases
    I also have a couple patterns on hand for a 7/8 and 3/4 uprights. What style bass do you have? I’ve attached a photo of our leather and cordura options at the end of this email. Thanks again, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

I wonder, what is their idea of "progress?" The stuff was pretty darn sweet and made of high quality materials before, in my opinion...

I guess my upright will stay with Mooradian, and my RB bags are still roadworthy. I have no doubt that my RB stuff will outlast me, but I wanted backups, and to add some color to the proceedings. The sample pictures weren't anything but strips of leather and cordura in different colors. No indication of styles or patterns as of yet...

I guess we'll see...
    I'm just notifying the TB community for those who want to know...
    Any thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Leather Cordura Options.

3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Who's "we"?

4. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast

Lindsey Deming
    Director of Sales
    612-849-3574
    Torpedo Bags, Inc.

sales@torpedobags.com

Bob_Ross likes this.
  5. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Interesting. No idea who Torpedo Bags is, but I hope they can maintain Glenn's high standards. And I hope Glenn got out of the business on his own terms.

6. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I hope he did well, but I feel edgy and sad about the whole thing... I don't know why. That kind of quality is hard to find in neck of the woods... At least, currently...