1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gliere's Bass and Violin/Viola duet

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by MantisBot, Apr 10, 2006.

1. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good recording of this. So far I've not been too successful in my search. It's the Proto version and is actually quite nice (if anyone is interested in playing it). Thanks in advance for the input!

2. InwoodFerri

InwoodFerri

Mar 12, 2006
    Jeremy McCoy (Assistant Principal of Met Opera) released a Duet CD titled Dialogues with Double Bass last year that includes the Cradle Song from that suite. The violist is Ira Weller who also plays in the Met. Absolutely gorgeous playing. I highly recommend the CD. It also inludes the complete Rossini Duetto with Steve Doane, and features some of John Patitucci's music and playing. Jeremy is a fantastic musician.

3. Wow, I've been so crazy busy I haven't been on here in awhile. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely check out that CD. The Cradle Song really is one of my favorite movements of that piece but I'm finding the more I play the 4th movement (intermezzo) the more hilarious I find it to be. The mental images all center around a drunken waltz peopled by the animals from Wind in the Willows.

As I said, hilarious. Drunken frogs dancing with badgers? What next?

4. InwoodFerri

InwoodFerri

Mar 12, 2006
    Enjoy. Let me know what you think. I just bought the piece itself and am looking for a good excuse to play it with someone.