Glitchy Supercollider?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AElfes, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Alright, so first off: I love my Supercollider. its number 5, of the first run of Oscillating Beasts, way back when, and its been my go to fuzz since (The IE Oxide coming soon may change that, or add to :ninja:)

5549435063_223d75a246.jpg

But my question: when both the feedback loops are engaged, theres a glitchy, ring-moddish sort of sound. Don't get me wrong, I love this sound, and I find it to be very, for lack of a better term, musical. I just dont understand how this sound is made, with two feedback loops....

The settings:
    5549420931_f4e409f6a5.jpg

Ive done a quick soundclip here. First is dry Fender Jazz bass, then the regular Supercollider fuzz, then the "second" (right/blue) feedback loop on, with the knob all the way down. Third is the "first" (left/green) feedback loop, which is tuned to a C. And lastly is the sound Im asking about, with both loops on....

So if anyone with the know how can explain how this is happening, that'd be totally awesome

And just cause, EXTREME LIGHTS!
    5550006206_2d7a0b7040.jpg

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I can't listen right now, but the sounds about right to me!

3. Wud

Wud

Apr 11, 2009
    I've got two Earthbound Audio Beasts, one of which is a Supercollider based model.
    Both do the same thing, it's just the result of the signal being sort of strangled by the feedback loop.
    I get the same sound if I put my Vox Tone Bender MKIII fuzz through the feedback section of the Barge VFB-2.

4. To me, it just sounds as if the two feedbabck loops together are acting like a gate... Sounds pretty cool :)

5. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Yeah, the Beast can get gated with both loops on and the gain low. Then when you tweak the Osc knob to 'ungate' it and back again, it sounds like a dying duck!

6. Yeah, that's what it sounds like. Yeah, pretty cool indeed. And it's gets a bit glitchy too, which I assume is the two loops, I dunno, interacting....

Very interesting sound, I think

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021