Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glock arrived - I'm VERY impressed...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Mule, Nov 1, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

It took some time, but finally I could pick up my Glockenklang 'The Passenger' 1x12" amp last Friday. After some serious pleasuring of my ears (and that says alot considering that it was me who played ;)) I can safely conclude it's the best combo amp I've ever encountered during the short but intense time I've spend as diciple of the low end. Both my Hartke and the Glock don't colour the sound of my basses at all (which I love, always after 'the Alembic sound') but while the Hartke could be described as 'clean' and sometimes almost sterile, the Glock is 'natural' and always very warm (and there's not a single tube in there!). I can easily understand why this amp is used so much for double bass too!

I know we Europeans have an advantage when purchasing products that were made on this side of the pond, but should you ever encounter a good deal on one of these, don't pass it on, you'll be sorry! :)

2. And you should be impressed, glockenklang stuff is great, i have a Glockenklang 2x12 myself :) (though no glockenklang amp)

3. FR5

FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Netherlands
    Yes, we Europeans are lucky to be so close to the source.

I have been playing my Glock Soul top for almost a year now (through Epifani UL cabinets) and I can't praise it enough. I played Hartke 3500 before this, but this baby is so smooth and natural I never want to play anything else.

I hope that you will have just as much fun with your Glock.

Grtz, steven