1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glock Bugatti Poweramp Owners !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowstar, Aug 31, 2008.

1. lowstar

lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    Schnitzelland
    got a used one (the bugatti 300, old 4RU model).
    now i want to put it in a rack; my question to owners that have put it in a rack:
    1. is the heat a problem in a normal rack
    2. do you leave one rack space free over it for some ventilation or did you go for a "snug fit"
    3. did you use racks with some sort of ventilation holes on the sides (like the ones for PA poweramps)
    4. and one more Q that is not rack related: do you guys use it in bridged mono or stereo with two cabs

cheers,
    lowstar

2. lowstar

lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    Schnitzelland
    bumpitty-bump

am i the only glockenklang bugatti poweramp user here ?

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    It seems like I remember Udo posting on talkbass before (head designer at Glock &/or owner).
    If you can find out his username you could PM him or just try emailing Glockenklang directly.

I usually watch the Glockenklang postings fairly closely and I know 'Tripster' (Trip Wamsley) has used a lot of Glock equipment.
    He would probably know the best way to contact Udo if he doesn't have the info that you need.

4. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    i don't have the answers to your questions, but let me say congrats on scooping up one of the nicest sounding poweramps on the market for bass.

5. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    I have a Bugatti 400, for which I had a custom 3U rack case made by Left Coast Cases a couple of years ago. I contacted Udo and he indicated that if there were vents above and below the heat sinks on either side of the amp, with some clearance around the vents (obviously), then the hot air would rise and escape, and it should be ok. That is the way the rack case was built. I have it in its own separate case because, as you may have noticed, it's HEAVY.

PM me if you want more info...

Enjoy your Bugatti,

Jim

Also, if you wish to communicate with Udo send email to him at info@glockenklang.de and he will get back to you. It might take a couple of days, but he will.

6. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    With my Bass Art Head which is one half of a Bugatti Power Amp, I use a snug-fit rack and use a fan for loud shows. It does just fine that way. For solo shows, I forgo the fan because the amp doensn't get pushed that hard. I do hope this helps.

Tripster

7. lowstar

lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    Schnitzelland
    thanks for all the answers so far.
    the bass art is easier to cool because the cooling fins are on the back of the amp, where the bugatti poweramps have the cooling fins on either side, which get totally covered if you put it in a rack.
    jsbarber, do you happen to have pics of that special rack ?

cheers,
    lowstar