1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Glock Heart Rock

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peterpalmieri, Aug 21, 2007.

1. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I'd be interested in hearing some peoples opinions on other amps that sound similar to my Glockenklang Heart Rock.

I've owned many very nice heads in my lifetime but this seems to be very unique in that it has all the clarity of the best solid state heads and also gets an unbelievable growl that I've yet to be able to get out of some of the new light weights like my UL502 or IAMP350.

I've heard comparisons to a DB750 and other super huge heavy amps but nothing that falls into the side pocket category, is it that unique?

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I believe it is, and you hear it exactly as I heard mine... that unique combination of a quite warm and fat low end, but totally glassy, hi fi top end. It ended up not totally floating my boat after a while, but it is a beautiful sound. I have not run across any other head that sounds like it. It sounds, well, 'Glockish':D

The DB750 is a totally different voice. The Carvin B1500 is in the same tone universe to me, and is smaller and lighter. However, it isn't as 'voiced' as the Glock to my ear.

3. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I thought I'd give it some time for some others to express an opinion.

I have really fell in love with that "Glock" tone. Whenever I pull out a different head I find myself missing that tone and rarely hear anyone discuss what I think is a great sounding head.

I guess the only small, lighter, back up would then be a Glock Soul......I am concerned with 400 watts @ 4 ohms being an issue but it might serve as a nice backup.

If C. Mcbride can get away with a soul playing live I am guessing I could make it work also......