For Sale Glockenklang#1 Bill Lawrence vintage & Ibanez GSR100

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GermantownBassp, Feb 27, 2021.

1. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp

Dec 24, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    7 lbs, 13 oz
    Ibanez GSR100 (Agathis body, Maple-Rosewood neck)
    Pickup handwound by Bill Lawrence in 1980 (removed from a bass he personally installed it into)
    Glockenklang 3-band preamp
    Gotoh GB707 tuners and Gotoh 404BO bridge

This is when someone buys a cheap bass and then takes out everything that isn't attached and puts in new parts. Some say, "Why not take that money and buy a nice bass?" Well, no one is selling a bass with this combination of things. And it sounds nice. Disclosure: in order to place the pickup in this bass I had to disconnect and splice the wires connecting the two halves.

1 iba y0o6skctntzcmeka5kjl.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Jv-d

Jv-d

Feb 28, 2021
    W.Rut.Vermont
    Nice shielding in back cavity! A plus
    Is this now only active or is it actively/ passive?

3. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp

Dec 24, 2018
    It is passive also. It's one of those nice basses you forget that it's plugged in and the amp is still on, because it ain't buzzin'

4. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp

Dec 24, 2018
    All my Glockenklangs are shielded, and grounded to the shield, which is grounded to the jack.

5. Bradley Artlip

Bradley Artlip Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2019
    How does it play and how low is the action? What width and profile is the neck?

6. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp

Dec 24, 2018
    I am out for a while. I will get back.

7. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp

Dec 24, 2018
    These questions are difficult for me actually. getting neck profile information on a discontinued ancient bass neck. They say it is a GSR4 neck and the measurements for that are
    width at nut 41, width at last fret 62, thickness at first fret 21, thickness at 12th fret 22, radius is 305mmR / 12"
    Of course I don't know what I would do with that information. I know how it feels in my hands but it doesn't seem to have a nickname. People seem to call it a nice neck. On Talkbass if you search GSR100 neck there are people who like it. (but is it the same model?)
    As for action I think I am equally unhelpful. I put some of those Labella 1954s on it and those strings just hung out in outer space. And then some nice smaller gauge strings I got the action real nice and low. It was like fretting speed-riffs on a guitar. It was a bass I go to if I want to play fast and crazy. So the action has been varied. Sorry I can't be more help.

8. Bradley Artlip

Bradley Artlip Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Thanks!