1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Glockenklang 3 Band Preamp w/ Mid Switch - New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Modulus1906, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Modulus1906

Modulus1906 Supporting Member

May 5, 2009
    Price:
    $175
    Hello, recently I ordered six custom Glockenklang preamps from Best Bass Gear to go into several basses I own as I just love these Glockenklang preamps. I've owned Bartolini, Mike Pope Flexcore, EMG, and Aguilar, and have heard most of the others, and I just flat out prefer the Glockenklang to all of them. The custom Glocks I own are a combination of 4 band (bass/treble/low mid/hi mid) and 3 band, all of which have mid frequency shift functionality. Five of the 6 Glockenklangs have been installed in my basses, so I'm selling the last of the bunch because I've decided to order another 4 band version so that I have a bit more control over the hi mids in an all maple bass.

The preamp I'm selling here is a brand new, never installed custom 3 band that has a mid toggle switch for varying the mids between 250hz/550hz/750hz. Please note that, other than adding the 250hz and 750hz frequency points, this is otherwise the 3 band preamp that sells at Best Bass Gear for $200, but I'm selling what I truly consider an upgrade to the standard Glock offering for $175. I say that to assure you that the inherent Glock sound that so many love is there, but just with added flexibility.

Please note that the red writing in one of the pictures referring to use of this preamp with EMG pickups was my specification to Best Bass Gear so that Glockenklang would know that I intended to use the preamp with EMGs in case in affected how they'd build the preamp, but Glock's response to Best Bass Gear was that their preamps would already work with EMG pickups, so they didn't build this preamp any differently than their standard preamp, so this works with active and passive pickups.

I took the picture below at night in low light conditions, so I will upload a brighter picture later. Price includes shipping and I'll ship immediately. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have questions.

IMG_1453.JPG IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1224.JPG

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. Is this a new option? I've never seen the mid switch option!

fruitlabor likes this.
  3. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    It appears that this is to be used with active pickups only.
    Am I correct in what I think I'm reading in the "RED" lettering?
    It specifies EMG in the description also.

4. Modulus1906

May 5, 2009
    I requested this from Glockenklang thru Best Bass Gear as a custom feature, so Glockenklang will do the work if you ask them.

5. Modulus1906

May 5, 2009
    Hello. That's incorrect. The red writing referencing the EMG pickups is part of the requirements that I specified to Best Bass Gear (not anything Glockenkland wrote) so that Glockenklang would know that I intended to use the preamp with EMGs, but Glock's response was that their preamps would already work with EMG pickups, so they didn't do anything different in building this preamp than their standard preamp, so this works with active and passive pickups. I will modify my post so this doesn't confuse anybody unnecessarily. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    fruitlabor likes this.
  6. Modulus1906

May 5, 2009
    I've sold this preamp locally in Atlanta. Thanks.