Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD glockenklang acoustic art mkII

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jazzbass64, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    First I leave in France.I can consider shipping overseas but it would be expensive.

The cabinet works and sound perfect.Some tinny scratches on the surface of the cab as you can see on the foto.Nothing that really matters.
    I have to talk about 4 screws that have been added on each corner to fix the grill.
    Price was 1300 euros in germany.I want 500 euros for it.Or a trade is possible for a swr baby blue monitor cabinet (with bag end 8').

The acoustic art is linear and natural sounding like no other cab.At low volume it sounds simply like the acoustic instrument that is amplified.It is designed with double bass in mind but will do the same great job with every acoustic instrument or human voice.

1X10 volt speaker
    1X2 dome tweeter
    200 watts 8 ohms
    Speakon connector
    20kg

Attached Files:

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Interested! Any estimate on total price (in $US) shipped to zip 43420 in USA?

Tom.

3. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    Hi and thank' s for your interest.

With "ups expedited" and considering a package I have entered :

Value 500 euros, 55cm X 35cm X 35cm, weight : 23kg.
    The cost would be 330 euros for shipping.
    So total price is 830 euros.A money converter (x-rates) give me a total cost of 1020$ us.
    + some taxes are possible.

I am not an expert concerning the different shipping method.
    I leave in Toulon (city) postal code 83000 FRANCE.There is probably better prices so you can use these informations if you want to see other company.

4. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    With change rates 1050us $ max.
    /:^)

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks for the information. :) Let me dig into this a bit, myself.

Tom.

6. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    On ebay.fr
    No reserve price.
    No starting price.
    The auction is open to EU biders.For US biders, I can consider shipping overseas but shipping, taxes and money changes have to be considered first.

7. eratos

eratos

Feb 14, 2006
    Hi, I leave in Italia and I would like to know what will be the shipping cost for Genova (16143).

8. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    With UPS standard (insurance included) around 110 euros.
    With french post (insured) around 65 euros.
    Package just take a few days to arrived.
    Well, the buyer choose the shipping method.So you can make your own market with the informations I have post previously (weight, my postal code,etc...).
    And this cab is superb for double bass !!

9. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    Hello Jim,

First, to avoid any confusion the acoustic art is a 10' + dome tweater cab.The bass art you mention is a 15' + dome tweater cab.
    I' m selling the acoustic art (with one 10).( now on ebay.fr, 3days left... ).
    I' m also "thinking" about selling my TEDD cab.It is exactly the same as the bass art cab MKII (same 15 speaker, same box) but the dome tweater is replaced by a 5' kevlar speaker for a more cutting sound.
    Bass art and Tedd cabs are made with electric bass in mind.
    Acoustic art is made with double bass and acoustic instrument in mind.
    The bass art is much more efficient than the acoustic art.The TEDD is a bit more efficient than the bass art, much much more than the acoustic art.
    The acoustic is the more natural sounding from glockenklang (and probably in the world).So it sound awesome at low to medium low volume if you like true sound accuracy.Smooth and rich noble sound.This "little" cab can produce lows below is grand brother (Bass art and Tedd) !!! But you have to get in mind "moderate volume".
    The TEDD is excellent for accurate but cutting sound at any volume.Mature bass, medium cut that speak, highs are clear.

For shipping it will cost 120 euros to ship the acoustic art to USA with insurance (french post).
    For the TEDD I will need to separate the 15' speaker and send it separatly from the cab; french post does not accept more than 30Kg package ! It will probably cost around 180 euros to ship the 2 packages to USA with insurance.
    These two box are from the high-end "bass line" and are difficult to find in USA.

Concerning the condition of the cabs.
    The acoustic art have some little scratches on the lacquered finish, but nothing that goes to the wood, it' s just superficial.It sounds perfect, like new.I have to mention that 4 screws have been added to fix the front grill.
    The TEDD is simply like new !
    These gear are built like tank.They will function forever I think !

10. jazzbass64

jazzbass64

Jan 8, 2006
    Sorry,
    120 euros WITHOUT insurance (if the package is lost they will refund only 50 euros...).11/13 days to arrive.French post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.