Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glockenklang Bugatti preamp info?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Schizoid75, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Hi everyone. I'd like to get some info on the Bugatti preamp, but the short blurb on Glock's site is only in German right now. Anyone have any info on it? Features? How does it differ from the Bass Art pre?

2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I'm not sure that it's available in the states anymore. They were very similar to the Bass Art Classic though which is an amazing pre-amp.

3. teotmb

teotmb

Aug 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    The Bugatti Preamp featured a Class A Preamp and Class A EQ, while the Bass Art Preamp "only" had a Class A Preamp but not a Class A EQ (I own one of these Bass Arts and I never missed anything, in fact I doubt that I can hear the difference between those).

Current production Bass Arts feature Class A Preamp and Class A EQ, so more or less it is a Bugatti without the Stereo DI, just Mono DI.

4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    That sounds right. The guys at Glock say the BAC is essentially a mono version of the Bugatti - which makes sense given the lack of the stereo DI.

I've been using a BAC for a few months now and it is one of my hands down favorite pre-amps now. And I've got some pretty nice pre-amps.