1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glockenklang Heart-Core price(?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deBont Amps, Mar 12, 2008.

1. deBont Amps

deBont Amps Commercial User

Apr 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    deBont Amps
    What does a Glockenklang Heart-Core (not Heart-Rock) amp go for these days? I live in Europe, but am also interested in American prices as well.

I'm also curious about peoples experiences with this amp (pros, cons, etc.)

2. Munji Bunga is who you want to talk to

3. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I have one but bought mine under unusual circumstances - got an INCREDIBLE deal on it. I just cannot say enough good stuff about my HeartCore - it is the amp I will never sell. The only thing missing is that you don't get that tube drive but if you want something that will give you the BEST tone from your bass - get one.

Dan K.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mine's a Heart-Rock. I think it was $2,300 or something.

5. For a representative U.S. discounted selling price, contact Joel or David at The Groove Shoppe.

6. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    What possible good could it do a company to not allow the price of their products to be publicized on the web? Whenever I see "Call for price," I think, nah, I don't think so.

7. deBont Amps

deBont Amps Commercial User

Apr 10, 2007
    Netherlands
    deBont Amps
    The thing is... there's one for sale here in Holland for €650 (about $1000). Let's say that I could talk the guy down to €550 ($850), would it be good value...?

8. In my experience, very few bass manufacturers publish prices on the web, since it's the retailer that sets the discounted price level. Bergantino, Epifani, Mesa, Markbass, Glock, SWR, GK, etc. as far as I can tell, don't publish manufacturers suggested prices on their websites, since they don't sell direct.

That being said, the US list prices of all the Glock gear is on the US distributors site which can be accessed from the Glock website.

It takes about 15 seconds to call a retailer and get a 'real' price... i.e., the discounted selling price, which is quite a bit lower (for most brand anyway... there are exception like Bergantino, Sadowsky and Mesa... who have 'fixed' pricing) than any price that might be published on a manufacturer's site.

K

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The Heart-Core, one of my all-time favorite heads, is no longer in production, though you can still find them used every now and then. I think Brian Barrett was selling his.

Tom.

10. I just noticed that they introduced a Heart Rock power amp. That might be a pretty cool deal with the Glock pre... the power of the Heart Rock, but the purer, classic Glock tone of the Bass Art pre... or whatever that pre is called.

11. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Give it a try especially for that deal. IMO the tone is to die for the weight is a pain literally!

I haven't played a better amp then my Heart Rock and those that have played both seem to prefer the Heart Core.

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Ooohh!!! Yummy. :cool:

13. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    OH, YES!

Dan K

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Bad call, Rob. The reason companies put "call for price" is that their price is lower than the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) permitted by the manufacturer. For example, the MAP on a Shure KSM9 microphone is $699, and that's what you'll see on all the web sites. If you take the time to call Northern Sound and Light for their price, you will pay $402 for the same microphone. RMC Audio (Rik's Music) is the same way. When I bought my Shure Beta 87C, MAP was $249. Rik's had it for $219, but you had to e-mail or call them for the price.

So thinking so will save you some jing.

15. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    It would be interesting to A/B that setup with a Heart-Rock into the same speakers. I mean, how much better could it sound than a Heart-Rock?

16. The HR is great, but it's a very different sound from the 'classic' Glock like the Heart Core (and the other head... Bass Art or whatever it is). The HR has more warm and deep low end, with the Heart Core being much more 'reference flat' to my ears. I have not played the pre though... I'm assuming the pre is closer to the Heart Core than the Heart Rock, but just guessing there.

17. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I have a Heart-Rock and a Heart-Core, and believe me, they sound very different. So, I would think that a Bass Art Classic preamp into the output section of the Heart-Rock would likely sound different, as well.

Tom.

18. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    When did you play a Heart-Core, Ken?

19. Dan Lenard's place... amazing.. through that high end two way Glock 15... just stunning! I get confused on the names though.... it was the big 'class A' pre model that is no longer made .. I believe 400 watts. Talk about clear, crisp and flat... very different from the Heart Rock to my ear.

Edit: Looking at Dan's site... I think it was actually the Bass Art Classic... the big 4 space thing, not the Heart Core. Not sure of the difference between those two, but the BAC KILLED! Strange, because I seem to remember the one I played through having the 'offset knobs' like the Heart Core, but the picture on the site is the Bass Art Classic... so who knows! It sure sounded different than the Heart Rock though... and in a very good way.

20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    What is kinda interesting is that Glock has two different models of the 'studio flat', super high end heads (the Heart-Core and the Bass Art Classic) and also has two high end 2-way 15" enclosures, the Tedd (which I have) and the Bass Art Classic cab.

Tom.