Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glockenklang Heart core.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willsellout, Nov 23, 2003.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Did a search..didn't get everything I wanted. Anyone own one of these? I just bought an svt5 pro, it arrives on monday. I dig the way they sound and actually like the OD channel on it, but may sell it and get a glock heart core head. How would it be for rock? Say a loud rock band, would it be enough power wise? I have heard them before but not for long and not too loud. If anyone owns one, please give me your opinions. Thanks

Dan

2. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    bump..any help would be great.

DAn

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    A friend of mine owns one and it sounds great for rock, really warm and you can even dial in some tube-like growl. If it's loud enough depends on your cab(s), 400W are not really much by today's standards.

There are rumours that they are planning a 700W head, btw.

The Heartcore is out of production right now (due to the unavailability of some electronic parts), so you'd have to buy used.

4. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    The amazing Trip Wamsley uses Glock gear & is a GREAT player. He does post on here when he has the time & would be a great resource for your question. A link to his site is listed below.

Mark
    www.AccuGroove.com

Trip Wamsley Web Site

5. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I have one and use it with an Epifani 2x12 - sounds wonderful. More volume than I need at church but probably just enough for a rock band with an efficient cabinet. Only problem with it is - you get out EXACTLY what you put in - if you have problems with technique or your bass has problems, you WILL hear them... but that is really a plus. In comparison with Ampeg, you will hear nuances in your playing that you did not know were there but will lose that bloated tube sound (but that is what an Ampeg is for!)- but you may prefer that.

Anyway, lots of control over the sound but I leave my EQ flat and when you need to use the EQ, it is voiced very well.

If you have specific question, mail me directly at: dpknowlton AT yahoo . com (you will need to correct the address- I get too much spam as it is!).

Dan K.

6. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I play a Soul Head. It is the bottom of the Glock line but gee whiz, what a tone! It has more color in the sound compared to the Bass Art Head and the Heart Core. It is 440 watts of bliss into 4 ohms. 250 at 8. Very easy to use and it will put out what you put into it. It is an amp that will be with me until it falls apart. The Soul head can rock out too. I use it with a SanAmp Bass Driver DI for some dirt and it's really fat sounding. I think that you would be pleased. Hope this helps.