Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

glockenklang Heart-Rock

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kolkoz, Oct 7, 2004.

1. kolkoz

kolkoz

Mar 26, 2003
    FRANCE
    Hi !
    I would like to know if somebody have experience with this new amp !!
    i'm very curious

Thank you
    cedric from france

2. FR5

FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Netherlands
    Hello Cedric,

no I haven't tried it out yet. And to be honest, I'm not going to untill I have the money to buy it! :)

For now I'll stick with the Soul Glock.

Steven

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    "Glockenklang Heart-Rock"

You mean Heart-Core ;) :p

4. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    No,he means Heart-Rock,it is a new 750 watt head!They quit making the Heartcore a few years ago.

5. Nope, it´s Heart-Rock

[​IMG]

Pity they didn´t have the guts to name it "Heart-On" ;)

6. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    They haven't started shipping these to the U.S. yet. I am not sure how much they are going to be,but I will be getting the first two in the United States and I will let everyone know when they arrive!

John

7. I´ve seen them go for ~1600 euros.

8. kolkoz

kolkoz

Mar 26, 2003
    FRANCE
    Yes it's 1600 euros for europe...
    I think price will be very expensive for U.S !!!

Maybe in few month (or few weeks) i will buy this amp and I will try to write a review... but my english is very bad !!!!

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Geesh... it looks like i'm a bit behind the times nowadays... :meh:

10. mdrdvp

mdrdvp

Nov 8, 2004
    Netherlands
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum even though I'm reading and learning here for a long time.

I'm using the Heart Rock amp for about two months now and I must say it's the best amp I've ever used. I bought it without trying and heard/used it for the first time on stage. It's an easy amp to use, it has enough power for small and large stages. I use an Alembic SF-2 in the effect loop which can be mixed in the amps signal. That combination makes it almost perfect. The only minor is it's weight.
    After using tube and hybrid amps I don't miss the tube at all.

Manfred

11. Hi Manfred, nice to meet you here, outside the safe and sound Alembic Club environment that is ;) In a few days time I'll be a Glock / SF-2 user as well, although I use a Passenger combo. My only contribution to this thread could be to praise the craftsmanship of the fine folks at Glockenklang and the wonderful sounds their products deliver...

12. mdrdvp

mdrdvp

Nov 8, 2004
    Netherlands
    Hey Wilfred, neighbour, how are you?

You are gonna love it. I was already very pleased with the Glock itself, but with the SF-2 in the effectloop you can easily dial it in. I think that's the same on the Passenger.
    I was using that combination for the first time during a major gig in Amsterdam and had no idea what to expect, I've never been so pleased with my sound. Did you buy a new SF-2?

Manfred

13. Hi everybody,
    Just curious what cab you use whith your new heart rock head?
    Glockenklang don't make their Heart-Core box (with 1x15' speaker + 1x10' tweeter) anymore.

I'v got it and think it was nice to match 1x15' speaker + 1x10' tweeter.

What cab do they fit with heart rock head now?
    What do you think? :hyper:

14. mdrdvp

mdrdvp

Nov 8, 2004
    Netherlands
    I'm using two 2x10 inch Hevos cabs. They can handle 800W each and have thundering lows. Something I didn't expect from a 2x10" cab. Problem is that these cabs are made here in the Netherlands, here's a link to their site: www.hevos.nl
    There's not much info on the Glockenklang site about the Heart Rock amp. Some specs but no manual or other technical info. I never tried Glockenklang cabs btw.

Manfred

15. Nope, I bought it from someone who imported a secondhand example from the USA and couldn't really handle all the tweaking possibilities. Knowing that they aren't easy to find around here and because I'm a tweaker 'pur sang' I was glad to take it off his hands... :smug: