Glockenklang heaven

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Margus Alviste, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Wowwwwwwwww, finally got my Glockenklang Duo 2x10 cabinet today. I already owned a 1x15 Uno Rock Deluxe which I used together with my Schroeder 1210. While the Uno and 1210 combo worked very well I got today into the true Glockenklang heaven. I used to visit some German stores about ten years ago that carried Glocks and was truely impressed by their tone. But I used the Epifani rig these days and it felt kind of snooble to change a super good rig to a fantastic one. But boy was I happy to finally get that complete Glockenklang rig. My MTD535 sounds super great through a Quantum 600 head and 2x10+1x15 Glock rig. Every note is really clear and musical and warm at the same time. Wow, just wow! :)

Helge_Glock likes this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Cool rig! Any pics?

Margus Alviste and Wisebass like this.
  3. I tested out a Glock 2x12 German market cab about 8 years ago and was blown away. The price was near $1k. $1,200? But the tone! Crazy. I was A/B testing a bunch of cabs at a store with my bass, and using the same bass head. The Glock was in its own league.

I understand that the US spec version used different speakers.

Margus Alviste likes this.
  4. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    those glock cabs are almost as good as their heads. amazing tone.....

5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Margus :)

Longtime Uno Deluxe user here. Glocks are :hyper::hyper::hyper:!

But you know the rules!

No pics, no wow! :D

Wise(b)ass

6. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    Best sounding rig I ever had. That Bass Art Classic preamp is just incredible.

Attached Files:

chadds likes this.
  7. 20180908_010107.jpg Here you are folks...

8. hipass

hipass

Mar 18, 2017
    QLD
    Apologies for the thread revival, but I gotta say I just acquired the double 12, and holy poopieballs..
    These things are insane, I'd never really bothered with cabs too much in the past. Id only ever had 2 4x10's my whole playing time, an on older GK and an Ampeg - but two things thing really threw me with these 2x12's, the tight lowend, and the punch.. I'm so impressed.. I mean those other cabs are more than capable, but these things are just silly.. Anyway, rather then run a new thread for no real reason, given my sporadic attendance on here, just thought I add to this fella.. Cheers.

J.Wolf likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021