1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glockenklang heaven

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Margus Alviste, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Wowwwwwwwww, finally got my Glockenklang Duo 2x10 cabinet today. I already owned a 1x15 Uno Rock Deluxe which I used together with my Schroeder 1210. While the Uno and 1210 combo worked very well I got today into the true Glockenklang heaven. I used to visit some German stores about ten years ago that carried Glocks and was truely impressed by their tone. But I used the Epifani rig these days and it felt kind of snooble to change a super good rig to a fantastic one. But boy was I happy to finally get that complete Glockenklang rig. My MTD535 sounds super great through a Quantum 600 head and 2x10+1x15 Glock rig. Every note is really clear and musical and warm at the same time. Wow, just wow! :)

Helge_Glock likes this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Cool rig! Any pics?

Margus Alviste and Wisebass like this.
  3. I tested out a Glock 2x12 German market cab about 8 years ago and was blown away. The price was near $1k. $1,200? But the tone! Crazy. I was A/B testing a bunch of cabs at a store with my bass, and using the same bass head. The Glock was in its own league.

I understand that the US spec version used different speakers.

Margus Alviste likes this.
  4. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    those glock cabs are almost as good as their heads. amazing tone.....

5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Margus :)

Longtime Uno Deluxe user here. Glocks are :hyper::hyper::hyper:!

But you know the rules!

No pics, no wow! :D

Wise(b)ass

6. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    Best sounding rig I ever had. That Bass Art Classic preamp is just incredible.

Attached Files:

chadds likes this.
  7. 20180908_010107.jpg Here you are folks...

8. hipass

hipass

Mar 18, 2017
    QLD
    Apologies for the thread revival, but I gotta say I just acquired the double 12, and holy poopieballs..
    These things are insane, I'd never really bothered with cabs too much in the past. Id only ever had 2 4x10's my whole playing time, an on older GK and an Ampeg - but two things thing really threw me with these 2x12's, the tight lowend, and the punch.. I'm so impressed.. I mean those other cabs are more than capable, but these things are just silly.. Anyway, rather then run a new thread for no real reason, given my sporadic attendance on here, just thought I add to this fella.. Cheers.

J.Wolf likes this.