1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glockenklang on-board pre Problem; Nuts/washers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sailorofcheese, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Hi guys. Just got a Glock pre - 5knob configuration. So...it only came with one larger nut/washer for the larger than standard volume pot threading and all other pot nuts/washers are missing. I went to the hardware store and could not find the correct size nuts for the other 4 pots. Is this a mess up in manufacturing? the nuts must be between sizes. Any help would be appreciated.
    *Where can i get these nuts and washers?

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    It should come with all the needed hardware. Contact the place you purchased it and get them to send the hardware or give you a new board.

3. Bought 2nd hand. currently contacting original owner. If there's no hope there, anyone got any ideas where i can get these nuts/washers?

4. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Radio Shack, Fry's Electronics

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    bestbassgear.com

6. no luck with bestbassgear.com or radioshack so far....

7. you need pot nuts

guitar center or carvin should have some that fit. take it with you and test them out!

8. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    They're metric. And not standard 6/8mm, either. Take one down to your local Ace and see what's what.

Cheers,

Rob

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Seems odd, what did they say? I figured they'd have drawers full of them.

10. Very helpful. Thank You!...No luck at the ACE hardware store nearby. I may have to take the drive out to Fry's

11. Awesome Sauce

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    FWIW, a metric/SAE thread checker is worth its weight in gold, and should only run a couple bucks at the local big box. No DIYer should be without one, imo.

Rob

12. Awesome Sauce

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Wait wait wait. *Ace* didn't have metric nuts and washers?! Wow. If I had any gobs, they'd be smacked right now.

Rob

13. Just received a reply from Glockenklang. these pot shafts are 6.7mm....Any have any links to hardware sites that have these? Looks like i may have to get them custom made...any other alternatives?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  14. bump?

15. Awesome Sauce

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    M7 thread is what you need. I have similar pots. Convo me your address and how many you need and I'll throw some in the mail for you.

Rob

punchdrunk likes this.
  16. PM'd!!! Rob, you're a life saver.