Glockenklang Quattro 4x10" cab - anyone tried/own one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by N*Joy, Nov 30, 2002.

1. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I'm new to this board, and yes I have already searched but every bloody thread with "glockenklang" is difficult - somebody just seems to randomly post the word (Swedish I think - you bugger;) )

Just want to get an idea as to how this cab sounds, prices are very reasonable here in the UK and I'm looking for a big loud and low cab to augment my Acme 2x10 or to use as a "loud rock gig" alternative.
  2. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I spent a few minutes with one a couple years ago, and "loud rock gig" would apply nicely to this cab, I think. This is probably the punchiest bass cab I've played through, and it is definately loud. As to low, I'm sure it does fine, though I don't recall giving it an acid test in this area, as I didn't want to blow out the store I was in.
  3. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Thanks for that, that's the kind of sound I like - anyone else like to elaborate for us here?
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    One of the best cabs I've ever played over, apart from the Tech Soundsystems ND 410 XT.
    I hope I have enough cash next year to afford a Quattro or even a Take Five.
    A Quattro is cheaper than an Eden 410 XLT over here btw.
  5. Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    I’ve had my Quattro for about a year now and I very happy with it. The Quattro has a full, clear, punchy sound, and is not as “transparent” as Acme or Epifani. I play 5 strings and the B-string comes through clearly without drop-off. The cabinet gets plenty loud. I agree CB, this cab would do nicely for a loud rock gig.;)
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i just lookeed at the soecs for a tech-soundsystems nd 410 xt...dear god. like 1400 watts rms...103dB @ 1W 1M....and down to 32Hz. jeezus! that cab must have the voice of god!
  7. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    I read somewhere (probably on this forum) that european luthiers use glockenwhatevers as reference cabs to test their products.
  8. closest I've come was at the BBE wharehouse(also distribute G&L guitars and basses) I play on a pair of 2x10" Glock cabs with a G&L 4 string. some of the punchiest and seemingly hardest hitting cabs I've played through. It was only for a couple minutes but damn those things were sweet I'd love some but could never afford them
  9. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Whats the Euro price on one of these?
  10. bassotus

Nov 24, 2002
    The Quattro seems to cost something between 1060 - 1200 Euros, depending on the online store, so it would seem to be in the same price range with SWR Goliath III and EBS and cheaper than GK, Eden or Ampeg's with similar specs..

I was just asking for advice on some punchy & loud cabs and somebody just had to mention these German thingys. Now I'm really lost.. :confused:
  11. zoran

May 10, 2002
    Ashdown? For beeing confused even more.
    Hevos? To be totally destroyed. Very good and loud equipment.
  12. bassotus

Nov 24, 2002
    Yeah, thanks :rolleyes: ...

Hevos goes way over my limit, but Ashdown's ABM-410H is tempting at a little over 800€ ... and of course I've no means to test any of these before buying, so I'm kinda relying on comments from multiple more-or-less reliable sources. I'm still opting for the Glockenklang..
  13. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've heard that a lot, and not just about European luthiers.