glockenklang quattro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zoran, May 27, 2003.

1. zoran

May 10, 2002
    I've heard many great things about that cab. Specs are really good (4x10" 36Hz 800W 103dcb) but one thing still confuses me. In every thread is said that it's loud, punchy and clear, but nothing about lows handling ? I like some mid hump so can anybody tell does this cab cuts through mix and does it have low bottom according to specs? I'm just wonder.
  2. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I have heard the quattro and I can assure you everything will be there and then some. You will not be disappointed at all. Nope. No. Nein. Non...
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What he said, the Take Five is nice too, a little pricier but lighter due to sandwich construction for the cab. Rugged carpet covering. Speaker specs are the same.
  4. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    The Quattro does handle lows amazingly well. You can eq the lows anyway you like and it still delivers. The size of the ports look like it is tuned quite high (ports are wide but not very deep), but the result seems to be well balanced. It does have some low-mid boost to get that punch.

I'm not all happy with my sound at times, but whenever I try any other cab, it becomes obvious that the Glock is superior :)
  5. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I see that 2x12 episode has ended:D .
    good luck with new cab.
  6. zoran

May 10, 2002
    Yes, maniacs in my band will never let me have small and portable equipment. If I get Acme b-2 I I'll have to put it direct on ears. :p :p
  7. zoran

May 10, 2002
    How size of ports and their position affect to sound?
    I noticed that I have better low mids with cabs that have ports at bottom (mesa, eden) than those who have it in middle (trace elliot). Or is it only my fiction?