1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GLOCKENKLANG UNO DELUXE 8 OHM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shug, Aug 7, 2007.

1. shug

shug

Jul 3, 2007
    Wicklow, Ireland
    So my LMII arrived and i was very excited as i had also ordered a glock duo (returned item to thomann) for a good price but someone else had beat me to it and duo was gone!

so i left looking at my LMII and i am desperate to get a cab for it to see what the little guy sounds like. The normal retail for the duo is really streching my budget but the idea of a glock is appealing. Has anyone any experience with the GLOCK UNO DELUXE, i can't find a review for it anywhere. i am hearing only good things about glockenklang in general and i am wondering if anyone could advice me if this will compliment the LMII well as a standalone only cab to use.

really appreciate if anyone can add anything, i have nearly gone mad with looking at the LMII and my finger is sore from clicking the mouse.

Cheers,
    Hugh.
    :hyper:

2. shug

shug

Jul 3, 2007
    Wicklow, Ireland
    bump.

anyone heard one?

cheers,
    hugh.

3. Since you aren't getting many responses, I can at least provide some indirect comment.

The Glock 112 is WONDERFUL sounding to me, and the LMII (which I totally love) sounds good with darn near anything. So, my guess is, that would be a wonderful, relatively quick and modern/tight tone.

One thing... a single 112 can only put out so much volume, and the LMII running at 4ohms and 500 watts is quite a bit more impressive than at 8ohms and 300 watts IME.

However, you can always buy a second Glock 112 if you need more volume.

I'm pretty comfortable saying you will like that rig (assuming you like a warm but still somewhat tight, modern and clean SS tone). You might 'run out of volume' on even moderate sized gigs, but adding an additional Glock 112 would give you a rig that would cover almost anything short of full bore metal without PA support:D

Edit: I'm assuming the 'UNO' is the 112 with tweeter.

4. The Space deluxe is the 1x12 with tweeter, the UNO deluxe is the 1x15 with tweeter - anybody correct me if I'm wrong.
    I played that cab once with an Eden WT400 on a small jazzgig and it sounded fantastic (very tight, quick and warm- not "tube warm" of course), I'm not quite sure about loud rock - funk gigs though, might be a bit "risky" to use just one 1x15 cab...IMO.

I also played the 1x15 plus 2x10 combination on a ordinary covergig and it was...u guessed it....very very good.

If u can afford it, go for the cab and u might add an extra one (e.g. 2x10) later.

5. I thought I might have that confused. I assume the UNO sounds even bigger, fuller and louder than the SPACE. I would guess that would be awesome, and you could add a SPACE or another UNO if needed.

6. shug

shug

Jul 3, 2007
    Wicklow, Ireland
    cool,
    thanks guys!
    mr. kjung, the uno is a 15" with a tweeter so i am thinking it should be a bit more beefy than a single 12. if a just have the 15" running at 8ohms do you think i will not be getting the full advantage of the LM 500 watts? i think it might be sufficent until i save the extra for more cab.

Also it sounds like this combination will be super modern and squeeky clean. do you think a sansamp will help if i wanted to dirty things up a bit.
    Thanks for the input,
    Hugh.

7. AT 8ohms, the LMII delivers around 300 watts... so you would need a second cab to get the full 4ohm/500 watt operation. However, that should sound quite nice.

I wouldn't call the combination 'super modern'... but it will be VERY clean... NO distortion whatsover. You will get some pleasant warmth out of the LMII... but it's not that tube grit/grind thing. However, with the Vintage Speaker Emulation control, you can really take the 'modern' edge off that amp.. very nice.

It won't do 'dirty' though... at least without a pedal, like you suggest... IMO. If you like Will Lee and that sort of tone (i.e., warm and full, but with clean, tight low end and some snap up top), that rig should be awesome. If you like the classic 'SVT' rock growl.. not so much IMO.

8. shug

shug

Jul 3, 2007
    Wicklow, Ireland

so do you think a sansamp might get me closer to the svt growl if i needed it or am i way of the mark with this amp\cab combination.

i guess my thinking was that if i had a very clean amp amd cab that it would be possible to do some tone modelling with a preamp alla the sansamp.
    again thanks for your help, i have some how ended up with the LMII and am desperate to get a cab so i can hear how the little guy sounds.
    Cheers,
    hugh.

9. Hey Hugh,

I'm a 'clean and crisp' tone guy, so I'm not one to ask about grind and grit. I do know there are some TBer's who use relatively clean SS amps like the LMII and then put something like the Sansamp in front when they need some dirt.

I would just get a cab and check it out. If you need more grit and grind, try the sansamp or just put up a thread about those who use the LMII but like more grit in their sound.,, this is a very helpful place for that type of stuff. Those guys are probably a little scared of by the Glockenklang name in your post:D .. since they are very pure and clean!

K

10. shug

shug

Jul 3, 2007
    Wicklow, Ireland
    You are right,
    i am just going to get the cab and work from there. Very excited as it is my first "grown up" amp/cab. been working hard so decided to treat myself.
    i will let you know how it sounds, thanks again, much appreciated.
    hugh.

11. Seriously, you can't go wrong with that cab (unless you're really into those heavy grind sounds).

I can't say anything about the combination LMII & Glock cab since I've never heard the LMII - so far.
    I owend the HT503 (the old silver-coloured one) and sold it - didn't like the sound after a while - but I was told that the new Markbass amps sound a lot different and better, well, I guess the "hype" on TB is not "made up". There has to be something about it.
    I'm pretty sure that the LMII should go together very well with any Glock cab. Post your impressions.

I definitely have to check the new Markbass amps a.s.a.p.
    the DB750 is just tooooo heavy.

12. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I cannot say much to the Glockenklang uno deluxe. What I can say is that what you get with glockenklang is stuff that sound very good and is well made. I have the soul combo ( which the duo cab is part of) and am very happy with it. The perfect 2nd amp!!!!
    If you are looking for a good cab you may also wanna have a look at www.musiciansounddesign.com
    They make great on board EQ's and fantastic bass cabs.
    Highly recommended

13. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I have an Uno Deluxe. It is a sweet sounding cab. Extremely smooth and detailed. It's really great. There you go!:)

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    While I don't own an Uno (yet!), I have tried and own a number of other Glockenklang cabs, and they have me grinnin' from ear to ear across the board, no matter which cab I use. I have no doubt that the Uno is a killer 1x15, and I bet it will sound just great with the LMII!

As is stands, I have a certain 'other' Glockenklang 1x15 model on its way to me now... :ninja: :D :bassist: