1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

glockenklang vs demeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zoran, Aug 2, 2002.

1. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    i have just bought glockenklang preamp bass art and in europe it has the same price as demeter preamp. Did I chose right?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    at that price point, its all up to what kind of sound you want. Glock or Dem, either one is a great choice, so i wouldnt sweat it.

Tho, you can check my sig... :D

3. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Wait... I was under the impression that Glockenklangs were a great deal more expensive, at least in the US. For instance, I've seen used demeters go for as little as $250, but have heard people pay upwards of $2000 for a Glockenklang Bass Art. Though price doesn't necessarily mean better sound, I'm sure the Glockenklang was a smarter buy, financially.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well, he is Europe, so i'm sure the tariffs and whatnot would even out the pricing, considering Glocks are cheaper there too.

5. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
    From a fellow Croat in Australia, you're on a winner with either of those.

I've narrowed down my search to a Demeter HBP-1 but I might need to have a look into the GlockenKlangs now! I'm in the process of moving to a preamp / poweramp set up to power my new Wayne Jones Cabinet (2x10 780W 8Ohms)

Have Fun:D

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Oh no!

not another mention of the HPB-1!!! i'm such a fan of Dem's stuff, that... the... GAS... is... too... strong!!!! :D

7. i just sold a hpb about a month ago for 4 bills.

no point at all in that post but what the hell;)

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Congrats on the Glock scoop. You did the right thing.