Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

glockenklang vs demeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zoran, Aug 2, 2002.

1. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    i have just bought glockenklang preamp bass art and in europe it has the same price as demeter preamp. Did I chose right?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    at that price point, its all up to what kind of sound you want. Glock or Dem, either one is a great choice, so i wouldnt sweat it.

Tho, you can check my sig... :D

3. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Wait... I was under the impression that Glockenklangs were a great deal more expensive, at least in the US. For instance, I've seen used demeters go for as little as $250, but have heard people pay upwards of $2000 for a Glockenklang Bass Art. Though price doesn't necessarily mean better sound, I'm sure the Glockenklang was a smarter buy, financially.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well, he is Europe, so i'm sure the tariffs and whatnot would even out the pricing, considering Glocks are cheaper there too.

5. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
    From a fellow Croat in Australia, you're on a winner with either of those.

I've narrowed down my search to a Demeter HBP-1 but I might need to have a look into the GlockenKlangs now! I'm in the process of moving to a preamp / poweramp set up to power my new Wayne Jones Cabinet (2x10 780W 8Ohms)

Have Fun:D

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Oh no!

not another mention of the HPB-1!!! i'm such a fan of Dem's stuff, that... the... GAS... is... too... strong!!!! :D

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i just sold a hpb about a month ago for 4 bills.

no point at all in that post but what the hell;)

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Congrats on the Glock scoop. You did the right thing.