1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glockenklang ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BASSKADET, Apr 25, 2010.

1. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Has anyone tried the Glock 1x15 and the DUO 210? I was wondering what it would sound like and how big a venue it would be good for.

2. I use these cabs, and an Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II head. Works fine - biggest venue so far was about 200 people. I still had plenty of headroom.
    My guitarists play big Marshall stacks, and my drummer is afraid of silence - go figure.

So I think that these cabs will work nearly everywhere, given that you use an appropriate head.

3. Beskyd

Beskyd

May 23, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    I believe You might like to read some test reports in Tom's blog:

http://bowlusblog.blogspot.com/

Hope it'll help at least a bit

I wanted to go for Glock a couple of years ago, but shipping+customs almost doubled the initial price so had EA Wizzy 10 brought in a bag) Though at some time I was seriously considering going to Germany to bring the cab myself.

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I got the 210 in my soul combo but have used it with my other amp(s) as well.worked real well in a not so big venue and sounds excellent!:)

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Have the Duo and Duo Wedge as well as the Tedd 1x15. I have not tried the 1x15 that matches the Duo, though. These are great cabs, though.

6. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Thanks for the input guys. Are the speakers the difference between the US and German version? If so, which is the preferred?

7. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    In tagentially related news, I'm GASing for a Glock preamp bad.

That human base 5-string demo ignited GAS that cannot be stopped by the power of man.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes, they are. For the most part, the German Glock cabs used Volt drivers, and the USA models used Eminence. I preferred the Volts to the older Eminence, but I think they may have changed to a slightly different driver that is supposed to be on par with the Volts.

9. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Shouldn't have any problem doing a good size gig with these cabs. I have the Double and Uno deluxe. Did a gig last week with my DB750 and was more than loud enough for an outside venue. With the DB750 I never when past 10 o'clock. The volt speakers are a little smoother and more "musical". The 115 and the bergantino 115 are about the best single 15s you can buy. One drawback with the Uno, it is rated at 300 watts. Doesn't take alot of watts, but is a very nice speaker. Can't talk about the 210, but the 212/115 glock is a great combination

10. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    The US models with 10" drivers use Eminence, whereas the German 10s are Volt. All other drivers are the same, as I understand it. Trip Wamsley, Tripster, uses the Uno and the Dou together. You could ask him what he thinks.

Jim