Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glockenklang

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zentner, May 21, 2003.

1. What do you think of the company ??

Do they make good products? or just a really cool name?

Does anyone have their bugatti 400 poweramp???
    If you do own (or have even come across one)... is it tube? i didn't see any mention of it being SS or tube on the site, but i assume it's tube because of it's weight.

Anyways, i'm just lookin for some opinions on their products.

Thanks
    ~Zentner

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    All of their amps are solid state but are very warm sounding and more articulate than a tube amp. Basicaly, tone heaven.:p
    If the cost in the States wasn't so rediculous than I'd be a Glock guy.

3. Where did you see any of their stuff?

On their site, they are supposed to have but one distributor in CA.

BTW, What do you consider "expensive" ???

~Zentner

4. SS = Super sport :D Not to hijack the thread or anything though...

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Chris Stambaugh (luthier) has one of the top of the line Glock heads and it is fantastic.

I was looking to get the Soul amp and two 112's. I consider $1700 expensive for a 440 watt @ 4ohms amp, not to mention that the two way 112 is over $800.

To buy the soul amp in Europe is around $1200 and the 112 is just over $600.

6. :eek: good god....

I need alot of money all of a sudden...
    I'm canadian... LOLZ

Thanks a bundle!

~Zentner

7. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I have bass art classic preamp. Cost me 1050€. No regret.

8. Music Unlimited in Monterey, CA is a dealer. Ask for John Prock. Not only a great guy, but an incredible bass player too.

9. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I now have a Glock Soul with a 212 and 115 cabs. The tone is unreal. The guys that design this stuff are platinum card carrying audio freaks! The speakon cables they supply are braided sterling silver. The way the Glock soul preamp prints to tape or hard drive is unreal. My tone became actually more dimensional. I just swear by it now. The live sound is huge also, due to the wonderful cab design. Even though the head is only 440 watts into 4, I have not had the jones for more power. I have used only 1 cab on 2 outdoor stages with the head putting out 220 watts into 8 and it was excellent. Worth the money. You will pay more, but you will get the performance. Fat, warm, open without tubes. I just can't say enough about it.

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm still considering the Soul amp. I just need to sell my iAMP800 first. I need more color!

11. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    And you shall have it!:)

12. Cool, some good comments. It's tough for me cuz i live in Canada, but i'm sure i'll get down to CA sometime (hopefully within the next few years:bawl: ) Ohwell, i still have a LONG way to go with my bass career. Being only 17 makes it tough to go places, and pick up what i want, but someday... i will own a glock.

thanks for all your comments,

Zentner

13. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    No problem we were glad to be here. Take heart. I am 35 and have been playing for 21 years. When I was 17 I had a Peavey Combo 300 (Great Amp! Really. Not Glock, but Great Amp) and a Peavey T-40 bass. The bass was basically a coffee table with string and a LOT of chrome. But hey, I eventually got better stuff and the same will happen for you! Keep your nose clean so you can get cars to get to the gig to make the money to buy the gear you want. That's what I did.