Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glokenglang

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ilovepink, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    California
    Worth the money?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    In Germany (and Europe), yes, definitely. The Quattro cabs are cheaper than their Eden counterparts for example.
    Pretty much the most hifi (in the original meaning of the word - high fidelity) solid state gear for bass on the planet.

Oh, and it's Glockenklang (Bellsound). ;)

www.glockenklang.de

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    sure :D

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Worth the $$$? - ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT!

Dan K.

5. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    Yes.:D

I felt I needed to modify this post to be fair to other amps. Glock is not as fast as a GK, it does not have the high-end zip and sheen of an SWR or Eden. It does not grunt and growl like an Ampeg. It is best described as "elegant." It is never harsh or abrasive unless your bass is. The DI is wonderful sounding as well. Every note on your bass comes through even and clear. Especially if you play fretless, which I do most of the time. It is also very sturdy and reliable. The cabs are superb as well. The best I've heard to date. Pricey? Yes. But hey, it was worth it to finally have the sound I want. I hope this helps.