Glossary of Woods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Basso Gruvitas, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Here's a great link for those who are interested in what various woods look like. The site is from a lumber wholesaler, but I found it fascinating and very helpful.

So when you're designing your next bass, give this page a look to help you decide what woods to use! Wood Sample Images.htm
  2. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Very cool! Thanks for the link. Looks good, yet a few woods are missing, but thats no problem since that link shows many rare woods. Awesome!

I personally dig the look on the Bocote, Masur Birch, Snakewood, and African Padouk.

Awesome! [​IMG]
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    That's a pretty good page. They cover alot of woods not used on instruments, though. I prefer FBB's wood page out of all I've found, though:
    FBB Custom Bass Works
    It's under Custom, because I dont' think that link will take you straight to it.
  4. SWEET!

Caution - Use only with Lacewood body with transparent green finish for the ultimate reptilian bass.

:D :cool:

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
  6. I'm getting 2 bookmatched pieces of spalted "masur birch" in a couple of weeks, for my bass!!!
  7. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    you know guys, he said not to copy them.... but that's if you read the captions at the bottom of the page. Wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble.

They are beautiful!:)
  8. very nice, towel please... :rolleyes: :D

I've got to get a book matched top made from that. :eek: