1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Glou-glou effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dr. Keebs, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Dr. Keebs

Dr. Keebs

Jan 9, 2016
    Billings, MT

Anyone have experience with Glou-Glou? From Lyon, France. After experimenting with Iron Ether, Future Impact, and MXR pedals (all of which I love), I may have found my next holy grail for synthiness. The Rendevzous and Moutard really caught my eye.

cosmicevan likes this.
  2. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    Haven't tried them myself but have eyed quite a few of their pedals. They do seem amazing and very worth the price, but it is a pretty steep price.

There are a lot of great options when it comes to filters and PLL pedals, but the Glou Glou pedals seem like some of the fanciest ones available. For people who can afford them they'd probably be very worth it.

Hopefully more start showing up in the used market as 500$ is a lot for a pedal. I'd definitely like to get the Moutarde eventually, though there are a few other really sweet PLL pedals out for a bit cheaper.

3. Dr. Keebs

Dr. Keebs

Jan 9, 2016
    Billings, MT
    I agree, they're pricey. About the same as the Future Impact. Loved it, wanting to go analog. I've looked into Broughton as well. I just really like these.

cosmicevan likes this.
  4. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    The Elta PLL is another cool one, they made 2 versions as well. The older version has a light sensor/pitch control you plug into the CV input, the new version has a better layout and extra foot switches.

I really love how the Broughton PLL sounds and it's one of the best priced ones, but the extra features on some of the other ones are very cool.

Dr. Keebs likes this.
  5. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Kentucky
    I own a Pralines by Glou Glou and it is amazing. Even after I got my Future Impact, I can't let go of the Pralines. It just sounds and tracks way better. Obviously, the FI can do much more.

I will eventually own the Moutarde.

6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    my poor poor wallet...

Dr. Keebs likes this.
  7. GardenBass

GardenBass

Mar 11, 2014
    Western Mass
    Late to finding your thread but i absolutely love my Rendezvous. The options are amazing and it is incredibly quiet. By far one of my favorite units. I have several phasers but the GlouGlou is the quietest and most liquid of them. On the other side, I found an incredible splatty envelope that is soo flexible on its own and with other effects. I also have the Pralines and have fun with it but for me it is a little pickier and i find myself twiddling with it more. All great sounds but it just doesn't like when i switch basses. Pricey (and big) but i would grab another Rendezvous or Deja Vu in a heartbeat. Here's a pic of my current board.

Attached Files:

8. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    Just had someone recommend their synth pedal to me on Reddit. And I realized I saw this thread as I scrolled by. Very cool looking pedals and the sound from the clips I heard so far sounds excellent.

I’d love to get my hands on one for a video, I sent a message so we’ll see but usually products on this price range they don’t give out easily. With something like this I think it’s really important to have a few different demos out there so people can make a educated decision, especially when it costs $500. No one is gonna buy it just because.

9. Dr. Keebs

Dr. Keebs

Jan 9, 2016
    Billings, MT
    I agree. They do sound excellent, and I would like to get a few demos deeper to see them in different contexts. You do great demos, so if you end up doing some Glou-Glou stuff, I'm sure I'll see it.

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    They did send one to @Proton Lenny

cosmicevan and adamaarts like this.
  11. Dr. Keebs

Dr. Keebs

Jan 9, 2016
    Billings, MT
    Yup, great demo. First one I watched. Then I saw the Rendezvous demo.