1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Glou Glou Pralines

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ansonsti, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ansonsti

ansonsti

Nov 16, 2015
    Western NY
    Hey TalkBass,
    Let’s talk about the Glou Glou Pralines. I Don’t see much material on this bad boy so I thought I’d start a thread.

4 resonant band bass filters with selectable frequencies and modulations, fuzz toggle, mix knob, lfo, expression control.

I preordered this thing as soon as I saw Zach Rizer’s YouTube video on it. Some of the guitar focused stuff sounds sick too. But this seems like a one way ticket to synth land. I’ll link the Rizer vid below

Jazz Ad and Bo0tsy like this.
  2. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    I saw the Reverb video- it looks awesome. Glou Glou stuff is always expensive, but it does sound incredible. It's the kind of pedal I could spend a day messing around with and not get bored.

ansonsti likes this.
  3. ansonsti

ansonsti

Nov 16, 2015
    Western NY
    I just got her on the board. It’s sick. Sir Psycho Sexy tones for dayz

4. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Couple other demos out there are gas inducing. Pretty cool fuzz in that box too. The self oscillating 4 filters, yup thats cool. And its really red.

Bo0tsy likes this.
  5. Can you post an example of the sir psycho sound?

6. Adel_andy

Adel_andy

Aug 2, 2018
    I got one.
    First impressions - it sounds lovely. Build quality is amazing. Huge range of sounds to be dialled in. With octave and either external or built in fuzz it makes some great synthbass sounds.
    I sold a JoshWah to help fund it and am really happy so far.
    Some of the slower and less wide ranging sounds need some extra harmonic content to make the effect more prominent (i’m using flats on a Ibanez j) - I might need a light od for when fuzz is too much.
    Looking forward to trying it with other inputs like synth, drums and guitar.

Bo0tsy likes this.
  7. Very tempted by the Pralines. Some of the synth and phaser sounds from the demos I've seen sound just awesome. Can I just ask for the straightforward envelope filter sounds in your opinion how fat does the filter sound? I'm aware that the Pralines is bandpass and has a blend control. Lastly, is it tricky to dial in? There's a lot of depth and sounds in the Glou Glou, but is it one of those pedal's where you dial in a great sound and then struggle to find it again?

8. Adel_andy

Adel_andy

Aug 2, 2018
    Hi, the filter is lush and thick and chewy. I am not sure I would recommend it as a straight up funky envelope filter, but that’s mostly because I am not experienced enough with what they sound like, or should sound like.
    Re difficulty of dialling in, its actually easy enough if you can remember what you had. The problem is remembering with sheer number of knobs! I have started writing them down - the manual has blank control layouts for you to do that.
    The synth sounds are just spectacular tho. The formant filter vowel sounds are really cool.

Bo0tsy likes this.
  9. Thanks so much for the additional info. Your description of the Pralines sounds like something I'd definitely like!

10. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    I received mine and I absolutely love it, but also have no idea what I'm doing yet. I would agree that the synth sounds are incredible. I dialed in the Ginuwine Pony sound without much effort...lol

With the 3Leaf Chromatron also coming out soon...I am going to be in some serious pedal debt.

Ba55Man1ac, FilterFunk and Bo0tsy like this.
  11. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    You can make your bass sound like a clavinet with this thing. I am sure there are all kinds of other settings you can unlock. I am really thinking about selling all of my synth-y fuzz and filters now.

It has its own sort of magic. I tried running other fuzzes into it and just using the filter, but it's just not as good as running the built-in fuzz.

I still want a Moog LPF eventually since this is BP and not quite the same, but I am quite happy with the Pralines.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021