Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glue to use?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Hi. The other day, I went to change strings, and when loosening the strings, the nut popped off of my Kramer Striker. I was thinking of glueing it back in. My idea was to snd the bottom of the nut (looks like brass to me) and to get some kind of powerful glue to glue it back in. Does anyone have a suggestion for type of glue, or for me to do any other idea?

Thanks. :confused:

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    That is very funny,because I used to have a kramer(not sure if it was the striker,but it was red),and the nut fell out.my dad put light glue on it,and worked ok.soon after i bought my squier though.

3. i think any non-heating 2-component glue should do the trick..

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This might do better in Setup.

5. Don't use 2 part permanent glues for this job!! All you need is yellow carpenters glue like TiteBond and just a couple of drops to keep the nut from sliding sideways. The strings will actually keep it in place.

Using a permanent glue will be hell when you want (or need) to replace the nut.

6. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Good call, Hambone!

Duco brand model airplane cement is my choice. As you said, only one or two drops is plenty.

Pkr2