1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GNX3 for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by higgi, Apr 5, 2006.

1. I found a GNX3 in a pawn shop for $150 dollars. I was wondering how well it worked with bass, and if it was a reliable unit. I hope it doesn't sell before I find out.

2. I think there's a BNX-3, specifically for bass.

3. True, and it makes me think the GNX3 will be lacking for bass. But it is such a good price that I am getting gas for it.
    To get the BNX3 I would have to pay twice as much.

4. http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/DigitechBNX3.html

I'm borrowing one from a family member right now.
    My initial impressions are good. The only thing I notice
    is that the foot pedal doesn't really allow for a whole lot
    of expression. It's got TONS of features, so you should
    make sure it's really something you need before you go
    out and spend that kind of money. There are many other
    systems that do similar stuff without the extra bells & whistles.

Just my $0.02 worth.

6. It's the BNX-3 for Bass.

7. Thank you. I may just skip the GNX3, even though it is such a good deal. I went to sales sites and there was a lot of talk of system crashes, and lack of recording time.

8. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You can use the GNX3 for bass. I have one. It has about 6 bass amp/cabs presets that you can work with. + the effects will work fine. go to the digitech boards for more info.

9. Thank you for the info. I sent you a pm incase you had left the forum. Do you like your GNX3? Can you sync the looper with an exteral drum machine clock, or send clock out?

10. lo lio

lo lio

Apr 10, 2003
    FRANCE 78930
  11. Thanks for the info. I called digitech and they said there is no way to sync the looper. So sad, I wonder if they could do a software change to fix that. Thats pretty cool that you can change it to a BNX3 with software. I think I am going to buy the Boss RC50 when I have the money. I only wanted the GNX3 because I thought it would sync with a drum machine.