Go Buy an Owsley CD!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Mar 24, 2004.

1. I have been a big fan of (Will) Owsley since his first, Grammy nominated, album came out. His second disc is great as well. I saw him in concert last week, and if there is anyone who deserves to succeed in this business it is him. He is a great guy with a great band (Millard Powers was awesome on his '63 Jazz!) Right in the middle of his set, they played "My Old School" by Steely Dan. Talk about ambitious!

Buy an Osley CD!
  2. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Is that the guy who used to make LSD in the 60's?
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    He is related to that Owsley.

I loved the first album, some very tasty bass work on it.
  4. Being 29, I don't know anything about who made what in the '60's. I have read a lot of things about Will, and have never heard anything about that.

You are right though, there is some very tasty bass work on the first album. "Oh No The Radio" has a great bassline!
  5. I have been a huge Owsley fan since the 1st time I heard 'Oh No the Radio'! The 1st record is awesome, not a bad song on it. The 2nd one, well...

I drove from Atlanta to NashVegas to see him. It was in a small club, and I walked in real early, and there was Will right at the entrance! Like he was gonna check my ID and take my cover charge! Anyways, I spoke with him for a good while and he is a super guy. All the best to him!

If you have not heard the 1st one, entitiled 'Owsley', get it! Now! :D
  6. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    the acid Owsley from the 60's, who also doubled as the soundguy for the Grateful Dead for a short time, was named Owsley Stanley. Thus, no relation at all.
  7. SciFiGuy

Dec 27, 2003
    Madison, IN
    This wouldn't be the same Owsley that opened for Chris Isaak a few years back would it?
  8. Could be. Will is also Amy Grant's guitarist, and writes tunes for her. Will's first band was the Semantics with Millard Powers and Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr's son).