1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Go Def Much?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by randysmojo, Jul 27, 2012.

1. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    True story. I had a fly out gig this last Tuesday up in Utah. I wasn't feeling very good, at first thinking it was just allergies but turned out to be a cold. Well, flying isn't a good idea I find out. The cold turned into a middle ear infection and the altitude of flying made me go about 75% def! Now this is only my second gig with Nashville artist Trent Willmon and I am wanting to impress even though I hadn't had a whole lot of free time to work on the tunes, so I had everything charted out to a "T". That helped a lot, but when you can't hear well enough to tell what others are playing, you tend to second guess your charts a lot! Got through the show without a major catastrophe, but it wasn't fun!!! I'm am at home now and have about 80% of my hearing back, but still feel terrible. Good news is I think I might have impressed him that I didn't flake out and I hung in there and did my best.

I have a whole new respect for Clay Blaker's wife who played bass for him and over the years lost her hearing. She continued to play for him using a big amp rig right behind her so she could feel the notes, and sounded great!

2. WHAT!?!?

:p

Glad you got through it and are recovering.

3. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    ^ beat me to it. I seem to be prone to having an ear infection in the middle of winter most years, don't know why. Not much fun at all. Good to know you're up and running.