1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Go!Go!7188 - Japanese Punk Band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Adam Barkley, May 29, 2007.

1. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I found this band rather randomly and I'd thought I'd pass it along. Somewhere between Kyuss, Mondo Generator, Jucifer and Jrock. Punk/stoner music with Jrock vocals.

I dig it alot.

Check out a few youtube links:

Peace,
    Adam

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Skipping the obvious OMG tehyr h0ttt! lolz comments...

Kick ass tunes, the girl has a great voice and great playing/tone all around. I love the bass players tone, the second song is heavy because of the bass... that's cool. I think that's what gives it the Nick Oliveri vibe... but musically, I got kind of a Asian Muse vibe off it... but I think they sound better than Muse. I think I might get an album from them, it's pretty killer!

3. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Voice like two cats fighting in a burlap bag. Nice gear though!

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I didn't realize you had changed your name.

Yeah I forgot to mention that 2/3s of the band in female.

The bass tone is what struck me when I first ran across them. I can see the Muse comparison.

5. Yeah. They're a great band, and Akko is a really good bassist. I saw them play live a few months ago and her single pickup Thunderbird really cuts well on the Ampeg 810 house stack she played through. I don't know about the Muse comparisons other than them being trios as GO!GO! is a lot more influenced by surf punk and enka.

This is also a good video.

Here's an English interview.

6. pretty cool stuff

7. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area

I really dig it too ! The 2nd song is sick !!! I like that tone but don't think I've ever seen a single pickup t-bird ! Is it an OG Gibson non-reverse or a japanese "knockoff" ?

Rich

8. SinisterMental

SinisterMental

Oct 14, 2005
    NJ
    Wow. I did a search on this forum a couple of months ago and I couldn't find anything on Akko. I must have done something wrong. Anyway, it's good to see that she's gotten some recognition here. The YouTube links in this thread are all dead, but there's plenty of others out there. There's even older vids with her playing a Yamaha SBV, which is what she used before the Thunderbird.

She's not a wimpy player by any means. They've just released their 6th studio CD of original material this past October called 569, which when said in Japanese sounds like Go Rock in English. This group rocks and I hope thay come back to America real soon.

9. CLOWNDEACAN

CLOWNDEACAN

Jan 13, 2007
    nice... even though i usually don't listen to lyrics i rather i understood this band's songs because they're more on the simple side. or did i miss something? they're singer sounds really good though.

is it me or are japanese modern rock bass players a lot more melodic than north american ones

10. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    Oh hey!

Akko (the bassist for this band) is the reason I started to play bass! I'm a huge fan.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021