Go on explain this to me.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 4, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I thought barts were some of the best pickups you could get so why are lots of people changing there pickups for lane poor whats so good about these pickups, how much do they cost and where can you get them from.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Lane Poor:

1- Out of Buisness, though there have been rumblings of a possible comeback.
    2- Many consider them to be the flattest response pickup that was made. Little coloration, and made the the bass sound like the BASS not the pickup.
    3- Just plain good sound.
    4- Best is highly subjective. Some like EMG, Seymore Duncan, Aero, ect.
  3. Many consider Barts to be the best, that's why many top end luthiers use them, Mike Tobias, Zon, Pedulla, Lull, Lakland, etc. People will always try to change what they have in the hope of improving it, that's human nature.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Something can only be the best if you like them. If everyone but you like them, they're not the best to you.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    barts have a lot of the business because they've been around a while. many people really only recognize "barts" when talking about high end pickups, without realizing other manufacturers.

i've got a few basses with barts in them that i like, but i've also swapped out barts for lane poors on one of my customs, and i got seymour duncan to build me the custom 8 string wide music man style pickups on my 8 strings - i like the duncan mm style pup's more than even the stock mm's, more low end , imo.

as far as workhorse pickups go, lane poors are my favorites, and i wish he was still around :( very clear sounding, with excellent bottom end, and a very expressive pluckiness - much more articulate than bart soaps, in my experience.