1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GO PATS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by edbnuts, Feb 1, 2015.

1. edbnuts

edbnuts

Feb 5, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Jus Say'in

BeerSuds, Joedog, hrodbert696 and 6 others like this.
  2. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    I hope the Seahawks win, but in the end I really don't care.

This is why I cannot have discussions about sports with my guy friends.

3. I am just watching for the commercials. :D
    No.... actually, I would like to see Seattle win just because I have some bucks riding on them.

4. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom Suspended

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    I've actually heard dudes say that. What kind of man watches the Super Bowl just to see the commercials?

5. Hey! I like puppies.

6. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Go Seattle!

Sorry, can't stand the Pats. I can't wait to see Brady and Belichick throw another hissy fit when they lose.

7. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

The big question - how many OSHA violations were there at halftime. I didn't see a fall protection harness on Katie Perry when she was on that animal thing, nor did I see her strapped in when she was on the little platform. It would have hurt a lot if she fell off either one. Just saying.

I don't like the Pats. Brady seems like a sniveling punk at heart. But they won in a good game, fair and square.

8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    shades of kurt warner and james harrison at the end

9. I thought it was the best SB game I have seen in years. The bonus icing on the cake was I got to watch a full on brawl too.

ImNotJoel and hrodbert696 like this.
  10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Keep waiting.

Bipslapper, BeerSuds, Joedog and 2 others like this.
  11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I didn't notice on on the tiger. But her belt strapped her to the platform when she was flying. It was pretty obvious.

Edit - you can see the fall protection in this shot:

katy-perry-super-bowl-halftime-show-2015.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    hrodbert696 likes this.
  12. WOAH PATRIOTS! THAT WAS THE BEST SUPER BOWL EVER AND THE FIRST TIME MY HOUSE GOT TRASHED DURING THE GAME!

edbnuts likes this.
  13. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Especially when Carl's Jr is apparently a no show? Actually, anyone notice how VERY family-oriented a SB it was? Practically all the ads were about parents, kids, and puppies. Even Katy Perry seemed to be working hard to keep everything strictly G-rated. They gave "I Kissed a Girl" to Lenny Kravitz to sing. "Teenaged Dream" was staged like an episode of Veggie Tales. I'm all in favor of having some dignity and avoiding wardrobe malfunctions, but the sap was flowing pretty thick this year.

48thStreetCustom and GregC like this.
  14. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I'm not much of a fan either way but this definitely made my evening.

o-RICHARD-SHERMAN-facebook.jpg

15. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Football and boxing, two sports in one!

I actually thought it was a great game too - worth watching right to the end, and didn't end on a controversial penalty or anything (just a very odd play call). Cautionary tale about sportsmanship at the end (we had to explain it to our seven-year-old, who mostly watched her own movie in another room but did catch the end). Imagine playing the biggest game of your career only to get ejected because you couldn't keep your cool. Besides that, for once the game was definitely more worth watching than all the peripheral stuff.

16. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Remember this?

brady-getting-taunted-after-another-loss.jpg

Try this on for size.

richard-sherman-tom-brady.jpg

Paybacks are a "B" especially when they are a Super Bowl loss. I mean no disrespect to the Seattle fans out there. I am not a Patriots fan in the slightest, but I am definitely not a Sherman fan.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  17. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    "Odd" is putting it nicely. Given the significance, I'd call it the worst play call in the history of football. Truly unbelievable.

hrodbert696 and sneha1965 like this.
  18. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL

Seattle is gone......
    :D

19. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I think because there were no more time outs and running the ball would have left the clock running, they didn't want to take a chance on not making a TD with a run and running out of time before being able to get another play off.

20. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    They did have one TO, though. So they would have had at least two shots from the one with the best RB in football. Crazy.

Jeff K likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021