go rotosound!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by joebingo, Sep 18, 2006.

1. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
    right, I bought some rotosound swing bass 66 strings under a month ago (SM 66N) [I know this, because it hasnt been long enough for me to throw away the packet yet - no rubbish usually stays in my room for over a month though] and already I've broken the G...

annoying.

more money gone.

thought i'd share.

reccomend some longer lasting strings please (under £20, as i cant afford more)

2. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I find the DR's to last pretty long. However, I used to have Rotosounds and I've never broken a string. Could there be something with your bass that is contributing to the strings breaking?

Can you buy a single G string? At least get some wear out of the other 3 strings.

3. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I play rotosounds, and the last time I picked some up, the guy at the counter pulled down some rusty ones... glad I checked! I hadhim put them back and find some others.

I don't know if it was the store or what, but I can't see how age would cause a string to break so soon.

You might have something funky with your bridge or nut or a string tree or something that is putting the bad ju ju on your string.

Does the G cross anything at a steep angle or does anything feel shartP?

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I got my Rotosounds for free and I'm not going to buy a second set once these go dead. I'm going back to DR, either Lo-Riders or Fat-Beams.

5. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway
    Hmm. I don't think you should just give up Rotosounds just yet.
    The G string just breaking like that - that sounds like a defective string.. Either that or you're doing some wild tunings or playing like a bulldozer..?:bag:
    What about the other strings? Do they still sound and feel okay?

6. slugworth

slugworth Inactive

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I've been playing Rotosounds for over 25 years and never broke a single string!

Slug

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021